Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through November 07, 2008

Old     (lakemiltonwake08)      Join Date: Oct 2008       10-20-2008, 8:58 PM Reply   
First off, I'll warn you this isn't some high quality video with any high quality riding. I started riding in June this year, and It was shot tonight with just a basic camera. I made this more for myself so that next year I have something to look back on and see how much better I'm doing. It was all filmed in less than half an hour on my pond tonight so excuse the quality.
I was riding behind a Honda Jetski (You'll see the wake I'm working with haha). Currently in the process of extending the lake and trying to get a SANTE in there for next year. I have a thread in the boat section somewhere with pictures of everything.
My buddy who I snowboard with alot, got me into wakeboarding this year. So we towed behind the jetski most of the summer. I got to go out on a friends X-15 about 6 or 7 times as well. I thought I did decent this year considering what I had to work with. Had alot of fun passing the summer away. And now I can't wait until next year. Hope you guys enjoy. Any comments or tips are appreciated.

Old     (wakebrdjay)      Join Date: Apr 2008       10-20-2008, 9:02 PM Reply   
You have it up as a private vid.
Old     (wakeboardlasvegas)      Join Date: Mar 2007       10-20-2008, 9:02 PM Reply   
You have it as a private video.
Old     (lakemiltonwake08)      Join Date: Oct 2008       10-20-2008, 9:05 PM Reply   
Woops, Good catch guys. I'm new on Vimeo too, Didn't know it was on private. It's all good now.
Old     (stevo8290)      Join Date: Sep 2008       10-20-2008, 9:15 PM Reply   
dude nice! that lake is cool too. keep it up!
Old     (wakebrdjay)      Join Date: Apr 2008       10-20-2008, 9:17 PM Reply   
I see why you want to dig out your lake more.It's small,but it's still cool having a private lake that's big enough to ride on.Nice vid.I saw your post in the home lake thread.I'm from Cleve. so it stuck in my mind.What do you ride behind?
Old     (lakemiltonwake08)      Join Date: Oct 2008       10-20-2008, 9:23 PM Reply   
Its only a honda f-12x. I wasn't blessed enough to ride behind a boat or own one this year so I made do. Next year stuff should really be going on though especially if a boat is in the future. So since you're from Cleveland if you ever want to ride some glass next season let me know.. You're welcome to ride. Could always use a third.
Old     (wakebrdjay)      Join Date: Apr 2008       10-20-2008, 9:33 PM Reply   
Sounds great.You'll have to come to Cleve. sometime also and try some deep water next year behind my boat.You can really get some air off its wake if you're doing that good on that wake.Not ripping your wake,got to make due with what ya got.You're doing great though.
Old     (misteve)      Join Date: Aug 2007       10-20-2008, 10:02 PM Reply   
Dude, you are freaking awesome for your first year! I started last July/August and you're killing me, nice work man! Especially behind the ski!
Old     (wakebrdjay)      Join Date: Apr 2008       10-20-2008, 10:08 PM Reply   
It was behind a jet ski to boot. awesome!
Old     (mc_x15)      Join Date: Jul 2008       10-21-2008, 5:12 AM Reply   
wow, really good man. How often do you get out to ride? Wish i had a lake in my backyard all week long.
Old     (lakemiltonwake08)      Join Date: Oct 2008       10-21-2008, 5:21 AM Reply   
Jay T. Don't worry about it man, I rip on it too. It's almost non existent. Thanks for the compliments guys.
Old     (helix_rider)      Join Date: Mar 2003       10-21-2008, 6:28 AM Reply   
Dude...that was awesome. For the first year of riding, and behind a jetski...wow! Well done, keep it up and find someone with a boat...you will kill it when you get on a real wake.
Old     (downfortheride)      Join Date: Jun 2005 Location: SLC, UT 5600'       10-21-2008, 6:36 AM Reply   
Great job with all your tricks and riding. Can wait to see the video if you get behind that SANTE your talking about. Good luck with the lake and getting a boat on it! Keep up the progression.
Old     (jjakober)      Join Date: Apr 2002       10-21-2008, 7:02 AM Reply   
Nice video, and great riding!

I want a lake in my backyard
Old     (stoked_32)      Join Date: Aug 2007       10-21-2008, 9:12 AM Reply   
I hate wakeboarding... I quit... = /

Nice work Nick... u rip behind that jetski
Old     (powercorps)      Join Date: Nov 2006       10-21-2008, 1:37 PM Reply   
im with John... you make me want to give up. Nick, did you figure all that out on your own or did you have coaching? And if you say on your own i might just shoot myself
Old     (lakemiltonwake08)      Join Date: Oct 2008       10-21-2008, 2:15 PM Reply   
Haha, Mostly through the summer I only had my dad pulling me and what not. But like I said I was a prior snowboarder. I have never been to a clinic or had a coach, so I guess you could say I taught myself. I just couldn't get enough once I started so I pretty much went out whenever I had the chance to and tried to learn something new everytime. But I had some help from watching Detention 2012. And I am off to the Boarding School this winter as well.
Old     (wakeboardingzach)      Join Date: Jun 2008       10-21-2008, 2:20 PM Reply   
nice man
Old     (wakebrdjay)      Join Date: Apr 2008       10-21-2008, 2:43 PM Reply   
Nick,do they drop the lake level at Milton after Labor Day?
Old     (lakemiltonwake08)      Join Date: Oct 2008       10-21-2008, 2:49 PM Reply   
Yeah, It slowly drops around that time on. But currently it's still useable. The hardcore guys are still out there. Around November is when people completely stop using it.
Old     (watson_134_lf)      Join Date: Nov 2007       10-21-2008, 6:33 PM Reply   
holy crap.
did you seriously learn all of those tricks behind a jet ski?
if you did, your my idol.
Old     (ryker1)      Join Date: Oct 2008       10-21-2008, 6:40 PM Reply   
Awesome progress on jetski, hell awesome period.

Also, I liked that you had longer shots in your vid. It's a nice change from the trick, cut, trick, cut, etc.