Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Find A Third/Be A Third

Old     (popkarma)      Join Date: May 2008       04-18-2011, 9:03 AM Reply   
Moving away from my beloved Cali delta to Reno. Anyone around the Reno area ride at all? I usually spend summers at Almanor, but do people ride at Pyramid? Let me know. Good for gas, cleaning, beer, and returning the favor when I move my boat up.
Old     (wakeboard247)      Join Date: Feb 2011       04-20-2011, 2:10 AM Reply   
I'v lived in Reno the last 6 years and grew up riding in Discovery Bay. The delta is still the best place to ride and I make the commute every weekend down there from Reno. You can ride Pyramid or even on Tahoe - but they are both lakes, and the bad thing about being up in the mountains in the summer is there is generally always some kind of wind.
I also have some friends who ride on Lahonton (not sure if thats how its spelled) and they are skiers / barefooters and generally have good luck with flat water. Also I believe there is a cable park being built or already completed out in Gardenerville.
Hope that helps,
Stephen
Old     (popkarma)      Join Date: May 2008       04-22-2011, 8:37 AM Reply   
Awesome! Thanks Stephen. I will be riding out of disco whenever I visit since my fam and friends will still be there. Ill check into that cable park!
Justin
Old     (wakeboard247)      Join Date: Feb 2011       04-23-2011, 7:05 PM Reply   
No worries mate, here is an article on the cable park. I'v been out there (before it was a cable park) and did some waterskiing (no wakeboard boat was at the lake at the time) with the owner. Chill guy. I'm currently living and working abroad, but I am planning on heading back up to Reno mid summer. Keep you in mind for some disco car pooling / riding if you're interested.

http://www.recordcourier.com/article...ORTS/100729832

Stephen
Old     (shawndoggy)      Join Date: Nov 2009       04-23-2011, 8:26 PM Reply   
Yeah, Lahontan totally sucks... I wouldn't go there....