Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through July 12, 2006

Old     (raketball)      Join Date: Apr 2005       07-02-2006, 11:37 AM Reply   
This article was on the front page of my newspaper today. Some good info in it......

http://www.contracostatimes.com/mld/cctimes/14953785.htm
Old     (h20diva)      Join Date: Jun 2004       07-02-2006, 10:22 PM Reply   
Unfortantly, boat dealer's finance anyone, which is scarey and deadly. Even for those that ride PWC's. I'm not even sure how many boaters and PWC owners know the 100 feet rule... We frequent the Delta, and it can become very interesting, especially at the launch ramp. Watching inexperienced and drunk adults try to back a trailer down the ramp or load the boat on the thing has been very eventful for us the past few trips to Delta... Between the fools who drive 40 through the 5 or the drunk kids who are face down in the water because some chick knocked him down has been somewhat the highlite of a few conversations at our house. Hopefully, there's enough positive influence that we can try to keep the Delta a safe place to boat and ride. Our live's depend on it!!!

(Message edited by h20diva on July 02, 2006)
Old     (dakid)      Join Date: Feb 2001       07-02-2006, 11:47 PM Reply   

quote:

Unfortantly, boat dealer's finance anyone, which is scarey and deadly.

that's why i'm a big supporter of making it a requirement for every person buying a boat or anyone going to be driving one to get licensed.
Old     (josnow1)      Join Date: Apr 2006       07-03-2006, 5:52 AM Reply   
I totally agree with you Joe! For the most part, my home lake is very spacious and opened. But for some reason, other boaters want to pass head on within 50ft of you. For the most part, if you ever been around boats(and be able to think), it's pretty much common sense to operating a boat which it seems these days a lot of people lack. Common courtesy is also lacked from a lot of boaters.
I would love to see a law passed requiring everyone that operates a boat or PWC, has to be tested and licensed.
Old     (sherman)      Join Date: Feb 2002       07-03-2006, 7:17 AM Reply   
stacy did you notice the boat in the pic. click on video sideshow
Old     (h20diva)      Join Date: Jun 2004       07-03-2006, 3:38 PM Reply   
Sherman - I never even clicked that link... That's too funny!!!

Joe - I would hope these Dealerships would at least promote a safe boating class to new boat owners. Because as boater, I would recommend to ANYONE who doesn't know the laws of the water, to check them out, we all may learn something new...

http://www.dbw.ca.gov/PDF/cbl2004.pdf#search='california%20boating%20laws'
Old     (audiopro74)      Join Date: Jun 2005       07-03-2006, 4:02 PM Reply   
I noticed the pic yesterday while reading the paper. I kept telling my girlfriend that that looks like one of the people on wakeworlds boat. Is that one yours, or just a look alike.
Old     (audiopro74)      Join Date: Jun 2005       07-03-2006, 4:07 PM Reply   
Nevermind, after a second inspection, I see that it is. I think I still have the Pic from the paper if you want it.
Old     (ak4life)      Join Date: Nov 2003       07-03-2006, 4:57 PM Reply   
great article. i'm as lazy as the next guy, but some sort of a certification requirement before one is allowed to drive a boat is probably a good idea.
Old     (sherman)      Join Date: Feb 2002       07-03-2006, 7:08 PM Reply   
yes that was my boat. I didn't find out about it till I was at union point having lunch. A friend of mine told me he seen the boat on the front page of the paper.
Old     (reinle)      Join Date: Sep 2005       07-03-2006, 7:15 PM Reply   
i think it was a well written piece. has a really good message
Old    deltahoosier            07-04-2006, 12:59 AM Reply   
Well written? Do you have any idea of the mileage and the different subject matter covered in that article? Only thing I agree with is that that should be a boaters education, but, for other reasons than that horribly written article. The article is obviously from someone who uses buzz words and has never been on the water.

(Message edited by deltahoosier on July 04, 2006)
Old     (litlone873)      Join Date: Jan 2005       07-04-2006, 10:06 AM Reply   
Stacy, is the red boat in the article picture yours? Tate and I were trying to analyze to see.

Back to the topic at hand, I would totally agree with having mandatory boating safety courses and licensing. In reference to the point in the article "what about people who just want to rent a boat for the day" well... IMO, those people need to be licensed first. It may hurt the rental companies for a while since some people may not want to go through the trouble of getting a license for just a day, but eventually, it will decrease the rental company's insurance to have licensed boaters renting from them.

The article also mentioned a hearing from the CA Dept of Waterways, I almost would be interested in attending that and having a voice.
Old     (boss210)      Join Date: Jun 2006       07-04-2006, 11:55 AM Reply   
I board in the sacramento river above the feather river. Its extremely narow and their are lots of snags. The idiot fishermen will anchor in the middle or at a point where you have to pass them with in 20 ft. I realize that I can be ticketed for passing some one on anchor with in 200 ft, but Im not going to stop for every white trash mother f***er that has a pice of s**t boat and a fishing licence. Also the river sience it dose have so many places to total your boat ushally dosen`t attract the novice boaters.
Old     (raketball)      Join Date: Apr 2005       07-04-2006, 8:28 PM Reply   
So a person with a p.o.s. boat has no business being on the water? I'd be willing to bet that most, if not all, of those "white trash mother f*****s" can spell better than you. I think most of us might need a translator to read most of your posts.
Old     (hyperlitenrd)      Join Date: Jan 2003       07-04-2006, 8:32 PM Reply   
I've heard from a few local people that when they sell a new boat they offer to take the driver out and show them how to load/unload, but most new owners do not take it, saying Oh im sure I can do it...
Old     (denjoe)      Join Date: Jan 2006       07-05-2006, 10:32 AM Reply   
Scott,

Can I have your autograph?