Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Wakesurfing

Old     (ragboy)      Join Date: Aug 2007       10-17-2012, 2:12 AM Reply   
We have over 10000 images and 225GB of video that we are working through, but I got through all of the chase photos which are some of my favorite every year, and give you the best overall picture of the event, I think.

Everyone seemed to have a great time and the wakesurfing community never ceases to amaze me. People just get along and have a great time even though they are crammed in a tight space for many hours at a time.

There were 5 boats sponsored by each manufacturer and weighted by each:
  • 2012 Tige Z3 with Convex VXT prototype
  • 2013 Centurion Enzo 244
  • 2013 SkiSupreme V226
  • 2013 Sanger 237
  • 2013 Pavati AX-V24 Prototype

There were 50+ boards and we had special racks on top of the barge to hold them all and then distribute to all of the riders. We separated the event into 5 separate 2 hour sessions, 5 groups of people with 4-5 members, giving each rider about 20 minutes per session. 3 sessions on Saturday and then 2 on Sunday. 5 meals were provided for everyone and everyone surfed their brains out. There was LOTS of wobbly legs on Sunday.

Before I get to the pictures, I want to thank all of the boat and board manufacturers and all of those that helped make the event work.

I will be posting a highlight video and maybe a few more pictures in various places but for the entire archive of photos and videos you will need to visit in the near future:

http://wake9.com/polar-bear

Here is a great picture where you can see the barge with a few boats tied up to it, and check out the boards on the roof. Also, look at that water, it was like that all weekend. Amazing conditions.

IMG_5220 by wake9, on Flickr

Great shot of the Centurion 244, great wake and you can get a good look at just how big that cockpit is, I think everyone mentioned the size of that cockpit.

IMG_5044 by wake9, on Flickr

Joe Penner was checking out that transom seat, and I think liked it too much. This was Group 2. The Pavait struggled to dial in the first day, but improved a ton on the next day. I have to give Pavati credit for jumping into this group and their willingness to learn and watch and listen. This boat is gonna surf, because they are committed to making sure it does, and getting the feedback from the right people.

IMG_5060 by wake9, on Flickr

The Sanger was slammed, and the wake showed it. It was big with lots of push and great on both sides.

IMG_5106 by wake9, on Flickr

The Pavati looked really great on the water.

IMG_5172 by wake9, on Flickr

Everyone wanted to get a look at the Z3 with the new Convex VXT device. You can see it under the deck here, and how the water is coming off of it.

IMG_5254 by wake9, on Flickr

A good look at the goofy wake on the Z3.

IMG_5283 by wake9, on Flickr

The Supreme 226 didn't fail to show off its great wake, on both sides, at a great value.

IMG_5369 by wake9, on Flickr

Anthony VanDerlinde taking a nose dive behind the Centurion.

IMG_5386 by wake9, on Flickr

This is what Mitch saw as he distributed boards to the groups in the boats as we switched sessions.

IMGP9189 by wake9, on Flickr

A good look at that huge cockpit in the 244 and classic styling in that boat. It was PURRDY.

IMGP9202 by wake9, on Flickr

So where the 244 has the big cockpit, check out the bow in this 22 foot supreme.

IMGP9210 by wake9, on Flickr

Who needs a bimini top? The weather was SO nice.

IMG_5488 by wake9, on Flickr
Old     (ragboy)      Join Date: Aug 2007       10-17-2012, 2:13 AM Reply   
Mike Viland rockin the Supreme 226 wake.

IMG_5497 by wake9, on Flickr

Another great Centurion shot with Group 3.

IMG_5514 by wake9, on Flickr

Corson Piper was showing his skills behind EVERY boat, couldn't stop showing off.

IMG_5522 by wake9, on Flickr

The Z3 with Sarah Hemming. Her feet were like TINY.

IMG_5578 by wake9, on Flickr

I think this is Dave Rusch, a real cool picture in the afternoon behind the Sanger.

IMG_5583 by wake9, on Flickr

Another couple of Dave on the Sanger.

IMG_5597 by wake9, on Flickr

IMG_5602 by wake9, on Flickr

Check out the Goofy wake on the 244. I will have more pics and video, but at this stock setup, the wake was the same as far as I could see on the regular and goofy side.

IMG_5626 by wake9, on Flickr

Anthony was enjoying that super clean, long wake the Z3 with the Convex VXT was providing.

IMG_5646 by wake9, on Flickr

Mike Viland behind the Z3.

IMG_5679 by wake9, on Flickr

Chris Martinez behind the Supreme goofy.

IMG_5722 by wake9, on Flickr

On Sunday, the Pavati started to get into its groove.

IMG_5729 by wake9, on Flickr

Another great shot of the Centurion Goofy wake.

IMG_5740 by wake9, on Flickr

Goofy Supreme.

IMG_5748 by wake9, on Flickr

One more of the Pavati.

IMG_5795 by wake9, on Flickr
Old     (F725)      Join Date: May 2010       10-17-2012, 7:25 AM Reply   
Nice photos. Can't wait to see more and hear more about each boat.

Sanger looks dangerously close to being undewater.
Old     (inland_surfer)      Join Date: Aug 2002       10-17-2012, 8:50 AM Reply   
Great job Robert and gang ! - cheers, jeff
Old     (johnboyy7)      Join Date: Apr 2011       10-17-2012, 2:21 PM Reply   
jealous. more pics, more pics.
Old     (newwhit)      Join Date: Mar 2007       10-18-2012, 7:30 AM Reply   
ditto! jealous, more pics, more pics!
Old     (dougr)      Join Date: Dec 2009       10-18-2012, 7:40 AM Reply   
i really would like to ride th z3, i have a 244 and both the waves look great, i would love to hear how similiar the waves are, likes, dislikes, etc etc. great stuff thanks
Old     (BenHolloway)      Join Date: Aug 2012       10-18-2012, 8:49 AM Reply   
its almost not fair, Z3 is dialed the 244 was stock with plug and play added....
Old     (duffymahoney)      Join Date: Sep 2008       10-18-2012, 9:21 AM Reply   
Any in boat pictures of the enzo 244 goofy wave? Chase boat pictures are great for wave shots
Old     (wakemitch)      Join Date: Jun 2005       10-18-2012, 9:39 AM Reply   
There will be a TON of pictures and video of all the boats. Plus, we will have reviews from all of the riders on all the boats.

Just so it's clear, the 2013 Centurion Enzo 244 was the ONLY boat that was 100% factory ballast. No extra bags or lead.
We only had one day notice with the Enzo, so we didnt have extra weight ready. But I think the wake was great for a stock wake.
Old     (piper907)      Join Date: Dec 2011       10-18-2012, 9:57 AM Reply   
Yup, The 244 did not get a fair shake during this event... Seems as if all of the other manufacturers showed up guns ablazing ready to throw down and centurion was in the corner with their hands in their pockets... I am a Centurion owner and was really looking forward to riding behind the new 244 but was sorely dissapointed with the boat that was supposed to represent their surf boat... Ballast related I am sure, but dissapointing none the less.

A big thanks to the CMS crew for stepping up so that we could ride behind the 244 at all!!! beautiful boat IMO.

Last edited by piper907; 10-18-2012 at 10:03 AM.
Old     (tonyv420)      Join Date: Jul 2007       10-18-2012, 10:09 AM Reply   
The 244 wake was not at all what is capable of putting out. I've rode this boat in the last 2 NWWSA tourneys and it was way better!!! ( loaded down with ballast). I think all the boats were suppossed to run stock ballast, but everyone cheated and added more, except the 244.
Old     (ragboy)      Join Date: Aug 2007       10-18-2012, 10:44 AM Reply   
That is not correct, all of the boats are not supposed to run stock ballast. We communicate with all of the manufacturers bringing boats ahead of time. This is a copy and paste of the email sent out to manufacturers coming to the event ahead of time, and this was sent out 2x.

About Weighting

You should setup the boats the way we would call "weekend warrior" surf setup. That is usually more than stock ballast, but not crazy. The setups you use will be requested and posted with the video and such. You should try to use most or all water since you will be switching from regular to goofy a couple of times. Each boat will have about 5 riders plus a photographer at all times, so your weight should all be hidden, since most riders want to see that a good working setup is going to be mostly water and completely hidden, that is what riders/boat prospects will expect for a boat they want to purchase. If you have any questions on this, please let me know.

On top of this, we always offer the manufacturers, especially new ones, that they can bring their boat down the day before, or schedule a time if they need help or feedback before throwing it in the mix.

Our intent from the begining of the PB has been to weight the boats how most of these types of riders would weight the boat if they bought it. More than stock, but probably not slammed.

CMS was a huge help and pulled that boat out of their stock, they were prepping it for water on Friday.
Old     (ragboy)      Join Date: Aug 2007       10-18-2012, 10:49 AM Reply   
I should add that Centurion was trying to get a FX-22 or a 2013 Centurion with the new Wakeplate, but as it goes with demo boats, it doesn't always work out. It was very hard to coordinate all of these demo boats.
Old     (tonyv420)      Join Date: Jul 2007       10-18-2012, 10:57 AM Reply   
Oops,sorry Robert, I must have read it wrong, my bad! I wasn't quite sure thats why I said "I think"......... Thanks to CMS for even brining it out for us! Sorry if I said the others cheated, prob a bad choice of words.....
Old     (tonyv420)      Join Date: Jul 2007       10-18-2012, 11:09 AM Reply   
Gotta give props to all involved in setting this up! Wake9, Supreme, CMS,Tige', Pavati,Sanger,and Mr. Rob Harrington for bringing his 226 out on Sun. I know everyone worked hard on this, and it was a spectacular event!!! Also thanks to all who prepared the lunches and dinner! And all the other volunteers! Food was awesome! Can't wait to do this again!
Old     (ragboy)      Join Date: Aug 2007       10-18-2012, 12:17 PM Reply   
NP Tony.
Old     (dougr)      Join Date: Dec 2009       10-18-2012, 1:58 PM Reply   
hey, i love my boat and the wave is great, no issues or complaints, just always trying to learn more and get more info, this is my second enzo and feel the new 244 is awesome. We don't have a large presence with tige in my area, but i like the z3 a lot and would consider it as an option for the future (not near future) maybe next year i can get out to the west coast and join in the fun. keep the info and pics coming. thanks
Old     (tonyv420)      Join Date: Jul 2007       10-18-2012, 7:42 PM Reply   
Some pics from group two, Angie, Mike, Shanon and Sue.
Attached Images

Last edited by tonyv420; 10-18-2012 at 7:45 PM. Reason: misspelled
Old     (tonyv420)      Join Date: Jul 2007       10-18-2012, 7:54 PM Reply   
Few more pics
Attached Images

Old     (ragboy)      Join Date: Aug 2007       10-18-2012, 8:07 PM Reply   
Tony, I am very disappointed. You have TOTALLY destroyed the magic. Now everyone can see my incredible wakesurf photography technique.

Great, there goes the mystery. ;-)

I will have tons more pics soon, but have to wait to receive Sunday pics in mail from one of the photogs, gotta get those in the mix.
Old     (tonyv420)      Join Date: Jul 2007       10-19-2012, 7:37 AM Reply   
Sorry Robert! I will share any revenue I make off this photo with you personally!!
Old     (ragboy)      Join Date: Aug 2007       10-19-2012, 11:05 AM Reply   
ok, I will let it go, THIS time.
Old     (h20king)      Join Date: Dec 2009       10-19-2012, 12:17 PM Reply   
Robert is it to early to sign the four of us for next year LOL we had a blast thanks for putting on such awesome events. cant wait for the west coast open
Old     (ragboy)      Join Date: Aug 2007       10-20-2012, 8:44 AM Reply   
OK, still waiting on a bunch of you guys to fill in that review form, get at it!

I finally got all the pictures in today, but to hold you over, I thought I would share this bit of video. This was shot by the Polar Bear "houseboat crew" and I got a hold of it. This one needs to go full screen, you may not want to be drinking milk or video when you start this video.

Old     (majestic)      Join Date: May 2008       10-20-2012, 9:12 AM Reply   
The side of my head isn't sore anymore Nice video Ragboy, too bad you had to use your sweet kids as bait to let you use it
Old     (newwhit)      Join Date: Mar 2007       10-23-2012, 5:16 AM Reply   
bwah-hahahahahahahah
Old     (pprior)      Join Date: Jan 2012       02-13-2013, 12:45 PM Reply   
Excellent advice on the milk!