Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Wakesurfing

Old     (dennish)      Join Date: May 2005       07-08-2005, 7:25 PM Reply   
Need to know what board is best for a person like me at 280 lbs. Used a 5'6" inland surfer last weekend, but could not let go of the rope. I am sure that that board is not big enough for someone my size. I have seen ads for Shoreline boards and A Wake Boards. Anyone have experience.
Old     (dmac)      Join Date: Jul 2003       07-08-2005, 8:51 PM Reply   
try a hyp landlock. ive seen some big guys hit the tube on one. or phase 5.
Old     (surfnfury65)      Join Date: Aug 2004       07-08-2005, 9:05 PM Reply   
Dennis,
I would look into getting a thicker board.I have a ShredStixx and it is 5'10" X 2 3/8" thick by 22" wide. I am only 200# but it has more than enough floatation for me. You can get an even bigger board from him. Another board is the SurfTech soft top. Those boards are also thick. I haven't ridden any other boards but at 280# you should go thick. (I am just going from many years of surfing.)
Board More/Work Less!
J$
Old     (dennish)      Join Date: May 2005       07-08-2005, 9:36 PM Reply   
Thanks for the input. Anyone know where I could Demo any of these larger boards in Nor Cal. I would consider myself a cruiser so a large board might fit. My last surfboard was a 9'6" Gordon and Smith but that was before the short board revolution just to age me. LOL
Old    surfdad            07-09-2005, 5:57 PM Reply   
Hey Dennis, I believe I have a 5'10" shred stixx you can demo and if you like it I'll sell it to you cheap. It has black eva foam and is in good condition, used one season. Let me know. I'm close to the Stockton area.
Old     (dennish)      Join Date: May 2005       07-09-2005, 9:53 PM Reply   
Jeff,
Sounds good. send me an e-mail on when we might get together. What would you like for the board?
Old    surfdad            07-10-2005, 6:08 AM Reply   
Hey Dennis, I'll write you from the office tomorrow, we're off to the lake today. :-) Let me look at what sort of shape that board is in this evening and I'll give you an asking price, but...everything is negotiable. Just for info for the rest of the folks, Jerry from Shred Stixx is really good about demo's. His backyard is the Delta and he's usually available to take folks out for a demo on any of his boards out of Discovery Bay.