Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through August 20, 2004

Old     (scooby76)      Join Date: Apr 2002       07-26-2004, 2:21 PM Reply   
I guess the title really asked the question for me, but does anyone know of any sliders that are on Bull Shoals Lake. I'm heading down there this weekend and would like to hit some. Thanks in advance.

Scooby
Old    jeff_h            07-26-2004, 5:57 PM Reply   
We live on Bull Shoals and have never seen a slider. I don't think that they are allowed on this lake. What part of Bull Shoals are you gonna be on?
Old     (cbrown)      Join Date: Jan 2004       07-26-2004, 10:24 PM Reply   
I just spent a week at Bull Shoals and did not see any sliders anywhere I rode. My family spends a week there every year and it is always awesome. Jeff h you are lucky to live there.
Old     (scooby76)      Join Date: Apr 2002       07-27-2004, 6:21 AM Reply   
Chris and Jeff thanks for the reply - We are going to be by Oakland AR. I can't wait, I've been dying to get my boat in that nice of water loaded. If you see a Super Air by the area come say Hi.

Later

Scooby
Old     (soak_up_the_sun)      Join Date: Jun 2004       07-27-2004, 8:07 AM Reply   
You should have seen the lake this morning...not a ripple, just like glass.
I really didn't want to come to work! Maybe we will get to go out this evening.
You will love Bull Shoals. Check out the Spring Creek arm, great area to board, but then, most of the lake is!
Old     (smackus)      Join Date: Apr 2004       07-27-2004, 7:17 PM Reply   
I live at Table Rock and it is getting crazier every year. Swarms of boats and those little f***ing jet skis. I am going to try bull shoals next weekend. We will trailer over to lead hill or the missouri side at theodosia. Kinda the boonies but we need some quiet. The ultimate would be to only see a dozen boats all day. What are my chances? Where is the nicest place to put in. We live near the branson side of the lake.
Old     (cbrown)      Join Date: Jan 2004       07-27-2004, 8:04 PM Reply   
We were at Point 17 in the main channel of the lake and did not see another boat go buy the entire day. This was on a Sunday so I would say your chances are pretty good at a dozen.
Old     (jnewcom)      Join Date: Mar 2003       07-27-2004, 8:28 PM Reply   
they had one at one time down the road a ways at norfork lake, but i think its gone now. How much smoother is Bull shoals then norfork? We always go to norfork, would like to come up there sometime. Does anyone now how far that is away?
Old     (soak_up_the_sun)      Join Date: Jun 2004       07-28-2004, 3:33 AM Reply   
Theodosia, the boonies? Surely not! Ha!
We like to go to the Spring Creek Arm of the lake, and you can launch the boat right there, or from Theodosia Marina. From the marina by water, it is about 5 miles, with plenty of good water on the way.
Or, like I said, you can launch right at Spring Creek. You would take Hwy 160 over the bridge, turn right at HH, and go all the way to the end.
Ryan, I don't know how much smoother it is, as I haven't ever been on Norfork, but I do know that it's a VERY "quiet" lake. We usually only see a few boats unless it's a holiday weekend. Depending on where you are on Norfork, it is probably 45 min. to an hour to Bull Shoals. Takes 45 minutes to drive to Mtn. Home, AR from Theodosia.
Come on down...we would love to have more boarders here!
Old     (scooby76)      Join Date: Apr 2002       07-28-2004, 10:07 AM Reply   
David,

Everytime we've been down there it's always been butter with maybe seeing at most 5 boats on a weekend, this is by Oakland. If I read the map right it's by point nine. There a good amount of fingers back there that allow for long passes and great riding. Good Luck. We should be down there riding on Saturday morning after 10am.
Old     (smackus)      Join Date: Apr 2004       07-28-2004, 8:02 PM Reply   
Cool, we are there. Saturday A.M Look for a yellow M.C. x-9 with some byerly's on the racks probably try to put in at Lead Hill (Diamond City). It is the safest bet for an easy trailer for us. Is the HH ramp paved. I only have a two wheel drive tow vehicle.
Old     (soak_up_the_sun)      Join Date: Jun 2004       07-28-2004, 8:22 PM Reply   
I am pretty sure that the launch ramp at HH is paved. Spring Creek used to be a corps park, with camping, playground, swim area, etc. but they closed it down. The ramp is still there, and it has a great swim area, but it is no longer "maintained" by the state.
Lead Hill is on the other end of the lake from Theodosia. You would probably have a shorter drive to Theodosia from Branson (takes us about an hour), than to Lead Hill...
Let us know if you'll be in the Theodosia area of the lake, we would love to hook up with you. I have to watch the shop, but my son would love to play hookie and go out!
Lauri
Old     (smackus)      Join Date: Apr 2004       07-28-2004, 8:36 PM Reply   
Thanks for the info. We are going down saturday am. We will try the HH ramp. Were is your shop? maybe we could pick up another rider.
Old     (soak_up_the_sun)      Join Date: Jun 2004       07-28-2004, 8:47 PM Reply   
The shop is located at our resort, Soak Up the Sun. It is right in the center of town, next to the Bullseye gas station.
Old     (cbrown)      Join Date: Jan 2004       07-28-2004, 11:04 PM Reply   
How far is your shop from Cooke's(sp) pie shop? We go there to get pie everytime we go up to Bull shoals.
Old     (soak_up_the_sun)      Join Date: Jun 2004       07-29-2004, 5:03 AM Reply   
Cookies is less than one mile from the shop. You will pass the resort/shop before you get to the turn to the marina. It's the place with the blue cabins on the right.