Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through March 15, 2006

Old    coxxy            02-15-2006, 9:06 AM Reply   
My local bank has an 01 launch ssv on reposession. It has around 250 hrs, and comes with a tandem trailer, ballasts system, efi engine, etc. I think I can get it bought for about $23k... Good deal??
Old     (three6ty)      Join Date: Feb 2004       02-15-2006, 9:11 AM Reply   
It may be a smoking deal. I just sold mine for $28K with about the same hours on it. Mine is in very very good shape so it all depends on how good it is. Make sure you have a mechanic check out the engine and drive train. Make sure all electrical is working and the ballast fills and empties. Look for Fiberglass damage or stress cracks and the like.
Good luck with it you will love the boat it is awesome.

The NAda guid eon mine with all my options was a LOw of $26.8K and and ave of $32K. SO for $23K that may be a sweet deal if all checks out.
Old     (tyler97217)      Join Date: Aug 2004       02-15-2006, 12:33 PM Reply   
better not say the bank...... people might race you too it....
Have it thoroughly checked out. My thought is a person that is not in charge of their finances and have things re-poed generally don't take care of their possessions very well. Could be a way of statement, but rule of thumb. All people have problems some time. Hope it checks out. Sounds sweet!
Old    coxxy            02-16-2006, 6:41 AM Reply   
Thanks guys, I did some more homework on it and it has been winterized and gone through by a local marina. I talked to the marina and they claimed it seemed like a real good deal. It is in great shape for a five year old boat. Gel coat doesn't have any major blemishes... Interior- I only found two 1/2" knicks from wakeboards or something. It does not have board racks or tower speakers, but other than that I thinks it's all there.
Old    coxxy            03-03-2006, 6:43 AM Reply   
Well, finally got the deal to go thru, now I am a pumped owner of an '01 launch ssv. I lake tested it and all seems good. Boat cleaned up real nice. I appreciate the feedback....Thanks
Old     (three6ty)      Join Date: Feb 2004       03-03-2006, 7:13 AM Reply   
Sweet ,
Make sure you post pics!!!
Old     (laptom)      Join Date: Apr 2002       03-03-2006, 7:35 AM Reply   
Congrats, show us some pics!
Old    nautique226            03-03-2006, 7:50 AM Reply   
Nice, very good deal!
Old     (loux2)      Join Date: May 2004       03-03-2006, 8:28 AM Reply   
That is a great deal. I would love to see some pictures.
Old    coxxy            03-03-2006, 8:40 AM Reply   
I will try to get some posted ASAP, digital camera is out of commission for the time being.
Old     (lol1585)      Join Date: Feb 2005       03-03-2006, 10:15 AM Reply   
Is that the one off of American Yacht Sales?? If so give them a lower price for what the internet or listing says. My dad bought our boat from them that listed 15k on the internet and he gave them a bid for 11k and them gave it to him. Alot of the times with these repo's they just wanna get rid of them.. good luck. It looks like a nice boat.