Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through June 05, 2008

Old     (showmedonttellme)      Join Date: Mar 2008       06-02-2008, 9:36 AM Reply   
Took Friday off to go ride with the boys. Best use of PTO ever, Butta all day. 1st set feeling the new Marek's pop...tried a BS1....you know that feeling when you leave the wake and say 'its over', yeah that one. The only question was 'how long should I hold onto the handle to minimize the pain.' I chose poorly and rode it in nose first BS. Think I was an inch taller for a few seconds. Brodie pulls around and tells me too get on the deck for a minute. Mark says 'The Birdies gone yet?...5 minutes later. That bad. Could hardly look down at my 4 year old saturday morning.

Went out again yesterday, trying TS BS1s. Landed a sissy version one-wake. To the cat-calls of "Do it w-t-w Pu$$%!!!" I tried. Paid the taxes......again. God Bless the backside edge.

I'd do it all again today if I could turn my head or get out of this cubical.
Old     (andy_nintzel)      Join Date: Sep 2004 Location: Minnesnowda       06-02-2008, 10:06 AM Reply   
I feel your pain bro Monday whiplash is the best!

God Bless that Backsid Edge!
Old     (johnsvt)      Join Date: Dec 2006       06-02-2008, 10:15 AM Reply   
I have been there but this weekend we got blown out...so I rode 90% switch, yeah it was boring.
Old     (brodie_chaboya)      Join Date: Apr 2006       06-02-2008, 10:25 AM Reply   
I knew you would be feeling it today. Great progression sessions Corby, can't wait to do it again.
Old     (onthewatermo)      Join Date: Jan 2008       06-02-2008, 11:24 AM Reply   
Around here it is referred to as "Batman neck" (go rewatch Michael Keaton in the original and look at the way he has to swivel his entire torso to look around) and I definitely have it. Saturday had my first 6 am butter and fog session on Lake Ozark followed by a jaunt up to the Osage River where we had a mile stretch to ourselves until 6 pm. Took some diggers, but one girl on our boat chipped a couple teeth catching a frontside edge.
Old    h2ochick            06-02-2008, 11:25 AM Reply   

I'm with ya guys...
I need to stop tryin to show the boys up!
Old     (romes)      Join Date: Sep 2006       06-02-2008, 12:13 PM Reply   
i wish i had that feeling this morning...we havent gotten to ride in a minute cuz of this stupid wind...redic
Old     (tinytdubb)      Join Date: Jul 2007       06-02-2008, 12:37 PM Reply   
yep can't turn my head left
Old     (intotheflats)      Join Date: Oct 2006       06-02-2008, 1:34 PM Reply   
Andy,

How often do you ride the osage, I've always wanted to but never knew if it was possible.

Also where at do you live in Sunrise Beach
Old     (evank)      Join Date: Nov 2007       06-02-2008, 3:44 PM Reply   
caught my nose on a backroll yesterday i cant hold my head up if it accidently leans so far foward or back.
Old     (gene3x)      Join Date: Apr 2005 Location: Dallas , TX       06-02-2008, 4:28 PM Reply   
I take about one of those a week on the TSBS1 and I have landed about a dozen of them. Just cannot seem to get them consistant. Some tricks are just not worth the pain after awhile. ie. Raley's ect...
Old     (woundedknee)      Join Date: Apr 2002       06-02-2008, 5:33 PM Reply   
i NAILED a HS fs270 to bs edge to . i am feeling it today.
Old     (hawk7)      Join Date: Apr 2007       06-02-2008, 8:50 PM Reply   
I'm not an Ambi-Turner, I Can't Turn Left!

I usually enjoy trying tricks I know I won't land, when I had my 04 Byerly [yes, with the flow thru rails] I decided I should try to land 360's and I thought that if I just keep holding on the rope I will land. turns out that doesn't work. paid the taxes a few times, got my stimulous check the other day [landed blind].

Jarrod I think this goes in the how do you know you love this sport thread.
Old     (dizzyg)      Join Date: May 2005       06-03-2008, 2:32 PM Reply   
I don't know about letting go helping. I got booted a little more than I expected on a double up on my Friday off and let go. I knew better but let go anyway. As the rope was drifter away I felt my back turning and knew it was going to be a back edge catch that there was nothing I could do to prevent now that the handle was gone. My back still hurts today, I know better but let go anyway. Ugh.
Old     (dppaneig)      Join Date: Feb 2008       06-03-2008, 4:32 PM Reply   
I got knocked stupid doing a HSBS1, all I remember was the boat was to me when I came out of it and my wife was yelling at me to signal that I am alright after I fall! Wip lash, back pain, headache, dizziness. Definitely worth it!
Old     (steezyshots)      Join Date: Feb 2008       06-04-2008, 10:44 AM Reply   
About to have some thursday morning whiplash! More like thursday morning ankle pains these days though... Stupid Ankles!
Old     (wakesheazy)      Join Date: Nov 2006 Location: Irvine, California       06-04-2008, 1:05 PM Reply   
Mondays are infamously known as the offical aleve and ibuprofen day.