Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through January 18, 2008

Old     (sidekicknicholas)      Join Date: Mar 2007       12-27-2007, 11:25 AM Reply   
Will this hold up on a rails, or will missing the bottom layer lead to instant destruction of this board?

Upload
Upload
Old     (bendow)      Join Date: Sep 2005       12-27-2007, 11:30 AM Reply   
yep...It will immediately get water logged and break extremely easily, not to mention get really heavy. Be careful handling the board like that too, it's easy to get splinters.
Old     (sidekicknicholas)      Join Date: Mar 2007       12-27-2007, 11:35 AM Reply   
I rode it all summer and water in it wasn't an issue at all, its still smooth, just the graphic was lost... but its smooth and doesn't take on water
Old     (bendow)      Join Date: Sep 2005       12-27-2007, 12:16 PM Reply   
really? I usually go through 3-4 boards a season and everytime I get a hole in it, it starts to get water logged and eventually breaks. I guess if it's still going strong it would be ok on the rails. You might consider putting some kind of sealant on it so it slides better. It looks like it'd be really sticky the way it is.
Old     (denverd1)      Join Date: May 2004 Location: Tyler       12-27-2007, 12:44 PM Reply   
uh ben... those holes are for fins. There are other holes on top for bindings. All my boards have several holes in them.

HOWEVER, that is a byerly with the sticky ass bottom sheet or whatever its called. So it may not slide that well.
Old     (maggiewss)      Join Date: Nov 2007       12-27-2007, 12:48 PM Reply   
is that underwear in the pic?!?!?
Old     (denverd1)      Join Date: May 2004 Location: Tyler       12-27-2007, 1:37 PM Reply   
Along with some pinstripe pants.

Nick, she may be talkin toeside, but play your cards right buddy.

(Message edited by denverd1 on December 27, 2007)