Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through July 09, 2003

Old     (jaubrey)      Join Date: Feb 2003       06-17-2003, 9:33 AM Reply   
Hey I am going to be in Sedona for a week and i was wondering if any of you live in the area. Is there any nice lakes close by??thankz
Old    bassboy8855            06-17-2003, 10:23 AM Reply   
Well, theres lots of litle lakes up on the Mugion (sp) Rim, thats about 50 miles east of Sedona, but if I remember right, your not allowed to ski there.

Then theres the Salt River Chain, the closest to Sedona I belive is Apache, thats probly about 50 miles south east, and then Rosevelt just a litle further down the road. (if you go to rosevelt, you need either snow chains, or a 4x4 vehicle, no ramps are in the water, so you have to launch outta the dirt/mud) Then, if you wanna realy good ride, theres always Saguaro (sweet, i spelled it right) and Canyon,theyr probly 70 miles sounth east.

And we cant forget about the Verde Chain... Theres Horseshoe lake (thats probly the closest to sedona... maby 30 miles or so, but i dont know where it is) Bartlet lake, where ever Horse Shoe is, just keep going down the road. And the of cours Plesent... I hate that lake... so damn busey.

Well, since i'm nameing all the lakes in Arizona, might as well name the Colorado River chain... Tahoe... way north, Mead... thats a populer one, i'm sure you can find it, and Havasue, another popular one, directly west of Sedona.

Ok, I hope that helps, most of the lakes are pretty far from there. But I would recomend looking in to Horse Shoe and finding out how to get there, thats probly your best bet.

Dave

P.S. If anyone els reads this, and finds i left out some of the main lakes, please let me know...lol, j/k j/k
Old    bassboy8855            06-17-2003, 10:26 AM Reply   
Holy Crap, I wrote a book, sorry for wasteing your time reading it... I wish I coulda wrote that much for my English Esseys...
Old     (sdrider)      Join Date: Sep 2002       06-17-2003, 12:15 PM Reply   
Dave, you need spellcheck in the worst way!
BTW Dave where is Tahoe on the Colorado River?
Jared, probably the closest lake for you to wakeboard on is Upper Lake Mary just southeast of Flagstaff. Get info on this link:
http://www.fs.fed.us/r3/coconino/plateau/uppermary_boat.html
Old    bassboy8855            06-17-2003, 12:59 PM Reply   
Tahoe is on the northern border of AZ, its actualy technicaly in Utha, just as Mead is technicaly in Nevada.

Lol, i'v lived in AZ all my life, and I've never heard of Upper Lake Mary, but with the info on that link, sounds pretty sweet.

Yes, I do need spell check, but i'm too lazy to deal with it... So untill the time comes I learn to spell, you'll just gonna have to deal with it.

Dave
Old    bassboy8855            06-17-2003, 1:07 PM Reply   
It just came across my minde that I am a stupid moronic dumbass!

Lake Tahoe is in friggin Nevada... I am thinking about... damnit! I cant remember the name... hold on and I'll look an a map...
Old    bassboy8855            06-17-2003, 1:09 PM Reply   
POWELL, thats it, its Powell.

Its funny because I'm so stupid...
Old     (sdrider)      Join Date: Sep 2002       06-17-2003, 1:25 PM Reply   
I know Tahoe well and I had never heard of a Lake Tahoe in another state but being you are a lifetime resident I figured you might know of another one in AZ. I couldn't find it on any map so I was wondering. When you mentioned that it was partly in northern AZ and mostly in Utah the only lake I knew that fit that description was Powell. But I didn't say anything cuz I figured you would catch your mistake. You did and you admitted your mistake. No worries, most of us aren't anywhere near geniuses so we all screw up from time to time. Main thing is that we can laugh at our stupid mistakes and learn from them. I make my share and I'm still learning!
Old    bassboy8855            06-17-2003, 1:33 PM Reply   
To earn my non-dumbass integrity back, I am going to atempt to name every lake in Arizona... I am very bored...

Lake Powell
Lake Mead
Lake Mohave
Goose Lake
Lake Havasu
Painted Rock Reservoir
Mormon Lake
Lake Marry
Upper Lake Marry
Red Lake
Rosevelt Lake
Apache Lake
Canyon Lake
Saguaro Lake
Horse Shoe Lake
Bartlett Lake
Lake Plesent
San Carlos Lake
Lake Montezuma
Lake of the Woods
Forest Lakes
Bear Canyon Lake
Blue Canyon Resivoir
Jacob Lake
Madera Canyon Lake
Martinez Lake
Navajo Springs Lake
Pinetop Lake
Lake Ocotillo
Stoneman Lake
Lake Wickchopai
Alamo Reservoir
Arivaca Lake Ashurst Lake
Becker Lake
Big Lake
Breezy Lake
Bunch Reservoir
Cataract Lake
Chevelon Canyon Lake
Challa Lake
Clear Creek Reservoir
Concho Lake
Crescent Lake
Dankworth Lake
Dogtown Reservoir
Fools Hollow Lake
Granite Basin Lake
Goldwater Lake
Horsetheif Basin Lake
Pmperial Reservoir
J D Dam Lake
Kaebab Lake
Kennedy Park Lake
Kinniinick Lake
Knoll Lake
Lake Sierra Blanca
Lee Valley Reservoir
Little Mormon Lake
Long Lake
Luna Lake
Lyman Lake
Lynx Lake
McLellan Reservoir
Mittry Lake
Nelson Reservoir
Parder Canyon Lake
Patagonia Lake Pecks Lake Pena Bland Lake
Picacho Reservoir
Raibow Lake
Roper Lake
Rucker Canyon ake
Russel Tank Lake
Sante Fe Reservoir
Scott Reservoir
Lhow Low Lake
Soldier Annex Lake
Soldier Lake
Stehr Lake
Topock Lake
Watson Lake
Whipple Lake
White Horse Lake
Willow Springs Lake
Woodland Reservoir

107, Holy Crap I actualy got all of them...
Damn, now I have nothing to do...
Old    dmpappy            06-17-2003, 2:47 PM Reply   
What about firebird lake?

Private lake, South of Phoenix where they have the boat drags?
Old    abk22            06-17-2003, 2:52 PM Reply   
What aout Fred's Lake in Pinetop/Lakeside
that is the best!
Old    lukeh2owalker            06-17-2003, 3:28 PM Reply   
you forgot lake havascrew duh...?
Old     (sdrider)      Join Date: Sep 2002       06-17-2003, 3:48 PM Reply   
Dave, I'll give you something to do.

Research how many of the 110 lakes or so are open to the public for wakeboarding. That oughta tie you up for a couple of hours.
Old    bassboy8855            06-17-2003, 3:54 PM Reply   
Ok, ya... um... Private lakes dont count... and I did mention havasu aka, havascrew (its the 5th one from the top)

well, i got something to do now, but i'll look into that if i get REALY bored
Old     (snwbrder)      Join Date: Jan 2002       06-18-2003, 6:42 AM Reply   
Geez, All in alphabetical order and all spelled correctly. Looks like you know how to use copy and paste.
Old    bassboy8855            06-18-2003, 10:24 AM Reply   
Their not all in alphabetical order, the first 20 or so is outta my head, then the next 20 or so are outta a bad index in an atlas, then the rest are in a good index in an atlas.

Man, copy and past would have been so much easier...