Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles

Old     (tommyg)      Join Date: Apr 2002       04-19-2012, 7:54 PM Reply   
Putting the final touches on an lsv 23 purchase. Great boat, but not at all a fan of the steering wheel. Not a big deal really, but would like something a bit different. Anyone know if there is an adapter available to pub on a momo wheel? I'm thinking this one specifically:

http://item.mobileweb.ebay.com/viewi...id=48082648929

You can guess the colors of the boat...I think it would look pretty sweet.

Last edited by tommyg; 04-19-2012 at 7:59 PM. Reason: Mis spelled
Old     (ixfe)      Join Date: Aug 2008       04-19-2012, 8:10 PM Reply   
I wasn't a fan of the wheel either... until I drove it. It's not just that Malibu handles well... but the steering "feel" is downright BMW-esque. To the extent the wheel is part of the heavy, solid feel you get when steering, I decided to love that wheel! Also, the wheel itself is really thick. I love a nice, thick steering wheel. :-)
Old     (fman)      Join Date: Nov 2008       04-19-2012, 11:20 PM Reply   
The isotta wheel is also set up so you can view the Malibu touch easily. If you had a different wheel it might make it a tad more difficult to see. I also was not a fan of the isotta, but after using it last season it is balanced well and has grown on me.
Old     (andrewjet)      Join Date: Jan 2003       04-20-2012, 9:53 AM Reply   
The new fly-by-wire steering is like having sex, but not able to feel it! lol. Its really weird after holding and feeling the steering for so many years. I like that feeling that the steering cable gives you. now you can steer them with your pinky while the ballast is full.
Old     (Brett_B)      Join Date: Sep 2010       04-20-2012, 10:25 AM Reply   
I never liked the looks of the single spoke wheel either and planned to replace it just like you. It has grown on me once I actually used it so I will probably just leave it be.
Old     (tommyg)      Join Date: Apr 2002       04-20-2012, 4:41 PM Reply   
Thanks for the feedback guys. Will likely leave it as is to start. I'm sure itll grow on me.