Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles

Old     (fouroheight68)      Join Date: May 2006       04-22-2013, 7:24 AM Reply   
Does anyone have a shop in the Sacramento area they recommend for service and repair? I purchased an 02 centurion that needs your typical maintenance, and a few mechanical troubleshooting items.

Thanks!
Old     (fman)      Join Date: Nov 2008       04-22-2013, 7:33 AM Reply   
Larson Marine in Rancho Cordova 916 635 8755, they can take care of you.
Old     (fouroheight68)      Join Date: May 2006       04-22-2013, 8:02 AM Reply   
Thanks, I know Larson, Mello, and a couple others, but haven't personally used them. I'll give them a call. Anyone dealt with Mello?
Old     (lifetimewarranty)      Join Date: Oct 2008       04-22-2013, 9:58 AM Reply   
I've got nothing but praise for Larson. Had a Sanger that they would service after our Sanger dealer went bye-bye (I purchased the boat used at about the time they went away)...

Anyway, they did good honest work there.

I have a mastercraft now and Norcal Mastercraft has my boat for the first time so I am crossing my fingers that they are as good. I am pretty sure they will service most makes of boats (their gated service lot has a bunch of random boats in there...). I should be getting the X2 back today or tomorrow from them.

I think there is an actual centurion dealer right near Larson but I think I would l still feel better at Larson.
Old     (jrichard)      Join Date: Aug 2001       04-22-2013, 10:53 AM Reply   
I'd highly recommend Bob Bense at Superior Boat Repair
Old     (Dmac420sj)      Join Date: Mar 2012       04-22-2013, 12:57 PM Reply   
I'd really recommend trying to do most of the maintenance yourself. Most of it is pretty easy and if you run in to anything just post and there will be 10 guys who more then likely will have expeirence on what ever your concerned about. This way it gets you to know more about your boats mechanics and if anything should go wrong you might not be completely lost on how to fix it. Plus it's cheaper lol! Just my 2 cents.
Old     (Gnargnar)      Join Date: Aug 2012       04-22-2013, 1:08 PM Reply   
Sterling marine, in rancho, tell jake that Brandon sent you
Old     (fouroheight68)      Join Date: May 2006       04-22-2013, 2:04 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dmac420sj View Post
I'd really recommend trying to do most of the maintenance yourself. Most of it is pretty easy and if you run in to anything just post and there will be 10 guys who more then likely will have expeirence on what ever your concerned about. This way it gets you to know more about your boats mechanics and if anything should go wrong you might not be completely lost on how to fix it. Plus it's cheaper lol! Just my 2 cents.
Thats the plan, but I just picked this up and it needs a few more things than a fluid/impeller change. It has a throttle/hesitation issue which needs diagnosing. Also, I want to have them run through everything so any potential problems Im aware of.
Old     (Ibewebbman)      Join Date: Apr 2011       04-22-2013, 8:12 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gnargnar View Post
Sterling marine, in rancho, tell jake that Brandon sent you
+1!
Old     (ryanw209)      Join Date: Jan 2010       04-22-2013, 10:44 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by jrichard View Post
I'd highly recommend Bob Bense at Superior Boat Repair
Definitely superior boat repair!! Bob is great and won't jerk you around. He stands by his work and its done right the first time
Old     (jbird)      Join Date: Jun 2011       04-22-2013, 11:27 PM Reply   
I'll 3rd Superior Marine!
Old     (86skier)      Join Date: Dec 2011       05-02-2013, 1:33 PM Reply   
@ 4th for Superior Marine.!

They worked on my 86 ski boat and balanced the prop. (Cheaper than a new one) I also was going to have them install a new moorse control and they replaced some connectors and rods instead (Saved me money!).

They also recently installed a depth finder on my new Sanger. I've been pretty happy.
Old     (mikeski)      Join Date: Aug 2003       05-02-2013, 11:03 PM Reply   
Go to Mello, he is the Centurion dealer and he has a great mechanic. Talk to Sally, tell her Mike Jolley recommended them 916-825-3947.

Side note... Mike Mello is my best friend since we were 6 years old, he had a stroke just over a year ago and has made an incredible recovery but still struggles with his speech. His wife Sally has kept the business going strong, maintains the family life balance, and raises their two boys, incredible woman. Please give them a chance at winning your business.
Old     (blastmaster)      Join Date: Aug 2001       05-03-2013, 8:06 AM Reply   
Jacob @ Sterling Marine has a stellar reputation and they usually have pretty good turn around time.