Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through May 05, 2004

Old     (blue1439)      Join Date: Aug 2002       03-22-2004, 2:51 PM Reply   
i was wondering what everyone would think of a business that repairs wakeboards. i have fixed a bunch of wakeboards for my friends and have even bought blem boards and have fixed them to riding conition and have never had one break and they all ride perfect. some with a few nice cracks down to the foam core. i've rode them as hard as i can and can't bust them. trying to get some feedback if this type of business would work. i can fix wakeboards, skiis, kneeboards and all that stuff. let me know what u think. thanks
Old     (dakid)      Join Date: Feb 2001       03-22-2004, 2:53 PM Reply   
That business is already up and running. It's called a wakeboard shop. And most of 'em do it for free.
Old     (blue1439)      Join Date: Aug 2002       03-22-2004, 3:37 PM Reply   
i couldnt find anything on the net about the wakeboard shop and it doing repairs? any other thoughts people? i'm open to all advice good or bad. these repairs arent the normal edge repairs, they are cracks and holes basically the bigger stuff for damage.
Old     (sdboardr99)      Join Date: Aug 2001       03-22-2004, 3:49 PM Reply   
Joe means ANY wakeboard shop. A good shop will do repairs on site and charge little or nothing. If you tried to start a business that relied on people shipping their boards to you the boards would probably end up with more damage from shipping and the cost would make it prohibitive.
Old    grampawakerider            03-24-2004, 6:20 PM Reply   
Ummmm....rather than starting a new thread, I have an '03 Belmont DNA that the lamination is separating on one end. I have a Sun Cure kit, can I use that to glue the lamination back together?
Old    lukem            03-25-2004, 11:01 AM Reply   
i live in iowa and i bought a board from buy wake. com and it cae and had a little chip on the side, rather than me sending it back they just sent me a repair kit for nothing. just a small chip but now it is all take care of.