Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles

Old     (tharak)      Join Date: Jul 2010       07-08-2010, 9:59 AM Reply   
Hey, I'm looking for a little info on the Krypt bimini from Bullet Lines. I've got a Titan Series I on my Supra, and I've been looking for a bimini that will mount to the tower and stow away in a boot on the tower when it's not needed. A Tower Biminis custom would be perfect, but I'd rather avoid paying the $800 they quoted. I've seen a few of the Krypt biminis on sale for pretty reasonable prices($350-400), but I haven't been able to find any user reviews or testimonials on them which worries me.

So anyone ever used or handled this bimini? It looks perfect on paper... steel tubing, folds on the tower, no drilling, not a ridiculous amount of straps and poles everywhere. How do they hold up over time? Are they quiet when driving? Are they a hassle to use? Any info is appreciated. Also if you know of any other biminis that seem to fit that description, that'd be great too.

Thanks
Old     (wakereviews)      Join Date: Sep 2006       07-08-2010, 10:18 AM Reply   
I'd contact Ken and find out if he thinks it will work. It's not 100% universal and won't work right on every tower. We sell them and I've had one returned because it didn't fit. TowerBiminis I don't think even makes the tops for the Series I tower. Great Lakes did the OEM bimini for the Malibus with the Series I and II towers. We sell them for 600 shipped.
Old     (murphy_smith)      Join Date: Dec 2005       07-08-2010, 11:05 AM Reply   
Contact Ken is the best advice.

Last edited by murphy_smith; 07-08-2010 at 11:07 AM. Reason: spelling
Old     (tharak)      Join Date: Jul 2010       07-09-2010, 4:09 AM Reply   
Thanks for the replies. Ian, do you have any pics or a link to the Great Lakes bimini? I looked around the site but I couldn't find the bimini meant to fit the Titan tower.
Old     (wakereviews)      Join Date: Sep 2006       07-09-2010, 6:00 AM Reply   
here are two pics.... we get them through the old Titan. Give me a ring if you want to get one!
Attached Images

Old     (murphy_smith)      Join Date: Dec 2005       07-09-2010, 6:58 AM Reply   
If you could change out those black plastic fittings with stainless steel ...then you would have a sweet Bimini.

That could be why the bost is lower, those stainless fittings are not cheap.
Old     (tharak)      Join Date: Jul 2010       07-09-2010, 12:40 PM Reply   
That looks pretty good. Do you have any other details on it (colors available, length front to back, materials), and also a pic of it stowed on the tower?

Thanks
Old     (sanddragon2004)      Join Date: Jul 2005       07-23-2010, 9:41 PM Reply   
is that army digital on that bimini?
Old     (AIrwar209)      Join Date: Mar 2010       07-25-2010, 3:35 PM Reply   
Shop around locally. You will be much more satisfied having input into the placement of the top and hardbars. I considered the Krypt unit, but had "difficulty" communicating with the company and one of it's retailers. Besides, from what I understood, it's not sunbrella. I looked locally and got a perfect fitting top for about 500$. Just my two cents.
Old     (dxii)      Join Date: Jan 2009       08-06-2010, 12:25 PM Reply   
I just got a Krypt tower bimini and am having a little trouble getting it to work how I want on my boat. It seems like a well-made product, it's just not quite working for me. If you want it, you can have it for $350.