Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through February 23, 2009

Old     (tl7)      Join Date: Feb 2005       01-04-2009, 10:11 AM Reply   
Looking for a great place to reserve for a 3 or 4 day weekend in the summer. We've done Lake Travis, Canyon Lake, etc. Last summer we did Indian Lodge on the Brazos. So far this was the best...smooth water and an excellent place. Ideally we would rent a cabin on the water where our dogs are welcome. Anyone have any suggestions?

Edit - I'm in Houston area, and would prefer 4-5 hour drive max.

(Message edited by tl7 on January 04, 2009)
Old     (chikara22)      Join Date: Oct 2006       01-04-2009, 6:35 PM Reply   
Have you tried Lake Livingston and the Trinity River riding? Miles of smooth water if you know how to get from the Lake to the river entrance. I have heard great things about Lake Amistad and may someday plan a trip there. Also, there is Possum Kingdom Lake and Lake Texoma that have a lot of amenities.
Old     (ebrown)      Join Date: Oct 2006       01-04-2009, 7:03 PM Reply   
Please check my place out. www.wakeboardingvacations.com

It's a 3 bedroom, 2.5 bath, 2200 ft2 sitting on an acre on lake LBJ (60 miles NW of Austin). Boat ramp and boat slips on site. Owned by wakeboarders! You can dock start and ride for 23 miles without stopping!!!

Call me if you want to know more 503 799 4453

Cheers

Eddie
Old     (tl_hereford)      Join Date: Nov 2008       01-04-2009, 7:18 PM Reply   
I live about 500 yards from lake Conroe but for smooth riding days the I drag my boat to the Trinity River or lake Livingston. There is hardly any boats except jon boats in the river and I know a spot on Lake Livingston that is the best riding spot I've come across in Texas. Bad thing is there is not a whole lot going on up there but if u are just trying to get out and relax in the middle of nowhere and get some good ride time in I would HIGHLY suggest either.
Old     (bmr82)      Join Date: Jul 2008       01-05-2009, 2:03 AM Reply   
Possum Kingdom is beautiful with tons of resturants and cabins on the water. Check with them though because I know some don't allow pets, and make sure it's not a holiday weekend or you can forget boarding. They also have the state park that you can camp on and it is packed with deer that come eat from your hand. Very cool if you have kids.
Old     (zachcopp)      Join Date: Sep 2008       01-05-2009, 9:58 AM Reply   
I live in a house on the BEAUTIFUL Lake Ray Hubbard! I will rent you my room for the small price of $75.00/ night. Minimum of 7 nights...lol
Old     (denverd1)      Join Date: May 2004 Location: Tyler       01-05-2009, 12:06 PM Reply   
Zach, any meals included? :-)
Old     (wake2wake_66)      Join Date: Nov 2008       01-05-2009, 12:11 PM Reply   
Lake Leon!!! Anybody ever heard of it?
Old     (zachcopp)      Join Date: Sep 2008       01-05-2009, 10:30 PM Reply   
You know what Nacho, I will cook you one of my famous omelets (sp) every morning before going to hit up that crystal clear butter!
Old     (dhands88)      Join Date: Jul 2006       01-11-2009, 11:08 AM Reply   
BRAZOS river nothing else even close. And if you find the area where my lease is. near Goat neck you will find some killer rails gaps and sliders to hit.
butter for miles.
Old     (neilspen)      Join Date: Sep 2008       01-11-2009, 11:18 AM Reply   
Anyone ever been to Lake Fairfield? It is a powerplant lake off of I45. Was thinking of going down there and camping for a weekend. Anyone ever been there?
Old     (ponyh8r)      Join Date: Dec 2004       01-11-2009, 11:26 AM Reply   
Amistad is the place to go if you have already hit up the Brazos. Lake Amistad is beautiful and you can get some great riding water in the canyons and river end. Check it out.
Old     (board4ce07)      Join Date: May 2004       01-11-2009, 11:28 AM Reply   
Ya its cool especially this time of the year bc the water is heated.. pretty sick
Old     (tl7)      Join Date: Feb 2005       01-11-2009, 11:29 AM Reply   
Danny, would you be willing to be a bit more specific? You can PM me if you want. Is it near Indian Lodge? Sounds like a great spot.
Old     (wakebrdr38)      Join Date: Sep 2006       01-11-2009, 8:49 PM Reply   
lmao, crystal clear butter and ray hubbard, good one! amistad is where its at. i havent made it there yet, but ive really looked into it, and have talked to people who have. they say its texas' lake powell! That and you can ride in mexico!
Old     (txwakerider)      Join Date: Oct 2008       01-12-2009, 12:18 PM Reply   
Perdanales River best spot in texas, super deep water, and super protected from the wind you can always find good water on the perd!
Old     (jpaul)      Join Date: Mar 2008       01-12-2009, 6:06 PM Reply   
Amistad is epic, tall cliffs and extremely clear water at the end of the devils river. But if the wind is over 10 mph you have to know where to go. Then where Pecos and Rio Grande join that is like Powell! Can even tie up to a dock and follow a trail to a cave to check out pictographs (there are also some near the main lake but someone has to point them out to you) There is nothing to see on the Mexico side though. In March the water is usually in the low 60s, I went out two weeks ago and the water was at 63. If anyone is serious about coming down to Amistad PM me I’ll set you up on an agenda so you wont miss out or waste time. But just so you know as far as the party scene, there is not much going on.
Old     (pickle311)      Join Date: Oct 2005       01-14-2009, 6:56 AM Reply   
We go to Amistad every year and love it. There's always a good spot to ride.
The Perd is about dried up right now, Lake Travis is 25 feet low so that drains the vast majority of the Perd.
Old     (ccwhite)      Join Date: Jul 2004       01-15-2009, 11:31 AM Reply   
I hit Amistad last year during Easter Weekend. The day we got there it was really good, but the 2nd day it sucked because there was just to much traffic.

http://www.pyywhite.com/coppermine/thumbnails.php?album=1 for some pics, not many.

I hear nothing but super things about the Brazos though.