Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through May 25, 2007

Old     (stxr_racer)      Join Date: Jun 2006       05-14-2007, 4:19 AM Reply   
It's time to give the boat a once over before it goes in to semi hibernation for our New Zealand winter. I have been checking out boat cleaning products on the web by Zaino, Boat Bling and Babes Boats that all look great! We can't get these these here so I will have to ship them over....(Hey Ralph, hint hint)...lol! If anyone using any of these products could give me some feed back about which if any would be the better one to get, I would appreciate it.....cheers!

Upload
Old     (ryan27r)      Join Date: Oct 2006       05-14-2007, 11:59 AM Reply   
303 is a nesesity and a magic eraser for the hard spots.
Old     (abhoe157)      Join Date: Feb 2007       05-14-2007, 3:38 PM Reply   
We ordered A ton of babes boat cleaning stuff and finally got to use it on our SAN this weekend. It all worked really really well and in my opinion was well worth it. Our boats literally never been so shiny and clean and smelled soo good.
Order in bulk though because you'll probably go through alot of it.
Old     (hatepain)      Join Date: Aug 2006       05-14-2007, 4:16 PM Reply   
I'll second Ryan on the magic eraser and 303. I did my boat recently with the magics and followed it up with the 303. The vinyl looks absolutely spotless and shiny new. It's amazing how clean the erasers get the vinyl, you'll see.
Old     (99_slaunch)      Join Date: Oct 2005       05-14-2007, 4:55 PM Reply   
This is what I use.

#1 MSG-Vinyl Finish vinyl cleaner.

#2 303 protectant.

#3 #56 Mequiars pure wax.
Old     (orlandonewbie)      Join Date: Apr 2007       05-14-2007, 5:23 PM Reply   
Where do you get the magic eraser?
Old     (javony)      Join Date: Oct 2006       05-14-2007, 5:45 PM Reply   
You can get the magic eraser pretty much anywhere. WalMart, Target, Home Depot etc.
Old     (oaf)      Join Date: Jul 2002       05-14-2007, 8:55 PM Reply   
I know many will hate me saying this but I really did not like 303. It didn't seem to do a good job of protecting like I thought it would. I find that Meguiars All Purpose Cleaner cut 4 to 1 with a vinyl brush cleans vinyl very well. I use Boat Bling's Vinyl conditioner or Meguiars #40 vinyl and rubber cleaner / uv protection.

http://www.meguiars.com/?detailer-engine-degreasers-car-cleaners/All-Purpose-Cleaner

Although it does not smell very nice Hot Sauce by Boat Bling is very good when you pull your boat from the water as an in between quick detailer. I did just polish my boat using their Pro Polish and I was very pleased with the product overall.

I think Zaino is the way to go if you are going to do a good cleaning / wax on the boat but for much cheaper the Meguiar's Flagship is also very good. Driven also makes a very good marine polish as well.
Old     (abhoe157)      Join Date: Feb 2007       05-14-2007, 9:06 PM Reply   
is magic eraser that good on mold. or do you need something to go along with it. We have babes seat soap and seat saver but found that it took forever and a day to get most of it all off the vinyl. Can i use Magic eraser tandem with babes?
Old     (stxr_racer)      Join Date: Jun 2006       05-15-2007, 4:45 AM Reply   
Thanks for the responses, all the products sound great! Ryan, Baine, Aaron and Coach, how effective are the products you recommend at removing hard water spots? BTW nice boats everyone
Old     (texastbird)      Join Date: May 2003       05-15-2007, 5:38 AM Reply   
Use an acidic product on water spots. Vinegar solution when you wipe the boat after each use, or a toilet cleaner like SnoBowl if they are really bad. The very acidic products will take off your wax, so you will want to go back and hit it with a good wax.
Old     (oaf)      Join Date: Jul 2002       05-15-2007, 7:39 AM Reply   
Bevan,
I do all of my boating near Havasu. The area has very hard water and is 115 degrees on average. I don't know of many worse spots for water spots. Hot Sauce was made for all boaters in that area who struggle with water spots. Hot sauce is a one step application. It will remove water spots and leave a nice shine on the hull. I use to use Ducky but had to go back over it with a quick detailer to remove the haze it left behind. Vinegar and water is cheap but you have to use a quick wax after because it will strip the wax. The only thing with Hot Sauce it has a harsh smell but that doesn't bother me if my boat looks good. I have not used the Babes so I can't comment on it.
Old     (jusstty)      Join Date: Dec 2006       05-15-2007, 8:37 AM Reply   
Babes Boat Bright!!!
Old     (deuce)      Join Date: Mar 2002       05-15-2007, 8:43 AM Reply   
Hey Coach, I just came on to Hot Sauce... Have not used it, but hear that the vinyl cleaner works wonders.

I have to admit that I have had hesitation using Magic Eraser due to my post asking about it a few weeks ago and having a Skiers Choice rep do a drive by stating that it would remove the protective coating and void vinyl warranty or something to that effect. There were follow up questions as to what to use, but I did not see another response.

Being my vinyl is not to the point where I feel I need to bring it back to life, I have waited.

Anyway....experience with the Hot Sauce vinyl cleaner?
Old     (oaf)      Join Date: Jul 2002       05-15-2007, 10:14 AM Reply   
EJ-
I have used Vinyl Sauce. It worked very well with the vinyl on my old boat. As for the new vinyl I have on my Tige it didn't seem to work as well at first (I have not gone back and tried again). I ened up finding the Meguiars All Purpose worked better with this vinyl. I think I will give the vinyl sauce a try again this weekend when I pull the boat to see how it works.

Use a vinyl brush vs the magic eraser. The brush gets down into the pores better and lifts the dirt out much better, plus I find the ME tear up too fast and make a mess.