Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through December 26, 2006

Old    ajmac            11-14-2006, 9:12 PM Reply   
I've been looking at this 04 210 but have been reading in different threads that the 03 was the best year for the boat. What are the major differences besides (I believe)the tower? And why is the 03 the favorite.
http://adcache.boattraderonline.com/6/3/2/81103432.htm
This one is listed at $48,000 and has 79 hrs. I know that price it too high.
Old     (bigworm)      Join Date: Dec 2004       11-15-2006, 12:48 AM Reply   
that tower is the least liked version ppl say the 03 is the best because of the top top deck color, push button hatches 1st year or the good gauges and the tower was still "cool" also the subtle graphics. i however have an 06 and love the tower i have swivel board racks as well as the flight clips all are easy to get to for put boards up and take boards down. i didnt like the graphics so they are gone and id rather have white on the deck. any other info you might need just post it up there are tons of knowledgeable ppl on here that are more than willing to help you.
Old     (planetnautique)      Join Date: Oct 2003       11-15-2006, 4:32 AM Reply   
That is a nice looking boat. Silver Spray is a great dealer with a knowledgable staff, so I would feel very confident buying from them.

If you do decide that an '03 might be a good idea, be sure to check out the one I have for sale.
Old     (bigworm)      Join Date: Dec 2004       11-15-2006, 6:01 AM Reply   
that is a sweet boat jeff where are you located? why so cheap? i have a buddy that just got offered 54,000 for his 03 that is kinda like youres maybe a little more stereo and opposite colors only 125 hrs though.
Old     (curtisco24)      Join Date: Dec 2005       11-15-2006, 6:40 AM Reply   
I'd rip their arm off at 54,000.
Old     (wakereviews)      Join Date: Sep 2006       11-15-2006, 7:32 AM Reply   
There no doubt that you should forget the one on boattrader and go for Jeff's Nautique. 1. It's an 03. 2. he runs planetnautique.com and there is no way that this boat wasn't taken care of in a way very few others would take care of a boat

There is probably no way you'll find a nicer 03 SAN than that anywhere. Just my two cents, trying to help you out Jeff, sweet boat.
Old     (bigworm)      Join Date: Dec 2004       11-15-2006, 7:53 AM Reply   
54,000 was the offer, it got turned down. you'd have to see the boat to appreciate it, the family owns a nautique service department and took 2nd place at the nautique reunion to an 05 that had 4hrs on it and alot of $$$$ into it. it looks better @ 120 hrs than mine did at 1hr. but yea for that price pick up jeffs boat even being the time of year that it is its still worth it you could probably even make money off of it.
Old     (acurtis_ttu)      Join Date: May 2004       11-15-2006, 7:56 AM Reply   
Don' tknwo if you caught this or even care, but the boat is sold w/o a trailer.
Old     (planetnautique)      Join Date: Oct 2003       11-15-2006, 8:05 AM Reply   
Wow, thanks everyone. I try to take really good care of my boats, and this one has been great. I don't mean to try to steal a deal from Silver Spray because I think those guys are great! I'm just offering another option.

For those who asked, my boat is in Fredericksburg, Virginia. I believe the price is pretty good, considering the options that the boat has and the additional items that I have installed.
Old     (socalwakepunk)      Join Date: Dec 2002       11-15-2006, 8:16 AM Reply   
Dealer gave me the option of having an '03 tower installed on my '04 when I first bought it (I wasn't sure about the looks of the '04 tower). Took a risk, went with the '04 tower, looks grew on us, like it the best.

As far as there being a "good year" for the 210s, I wouldn't be so sure. Have been in these boats '00-'06, can honeslty say that my '04 drove, rode, and was put together as well as any.
Old     (resqfish)      Join Date: Sep 2006       11-17-2006, 8:08 PM Reply   
This summer I paid 49,000 for my fully loaded, not one scratch with 24 hrs.
Old     (bigworm)      Join Date: Dec 2004       11-17-2006, 8:39 PM Reply   
noone was saying the 04's werent built well theyre just saying the 03 is the best year because of the things listed above... btw, the 04 tower only lasted 1 year that should say something in itself there are huge blindspots with that tower.
Old     (socalwakepunk)      Join Date: Dec 2002       11-18-2006, 8:05 AM Reply   
Better for things listed above is an opinion. Huge blind spot? You're kidding, right?
Old    K.B.C.            11-18-2006, 8:33 AM Reply   
It is the opinion of most though
Old     (woreout)      Join Date: Aug 2006       11-18-2006, 8:41 AM Reply   
There was a blindspot,its a shame cuz that tower sure looked better than current. IMO
Old     (socalwakepunk)      Join Date: Dec 2002       11-18-2006, 9:20 AM Reply   
"It is the opinion of most though"

Most of what? People on this thread? People on this board? Boat buyers? Everyone? Do you have any data to back this up, or is it just another opinion?

350+ hours, have yet to notice any blindspot. Anyone have a picture of this blindspot?
Old     (ccryder)      Join Date: Apr 2002       11-18-2006, 9:47 AM Reply   
In 04 the hull area where the walk through window is, was beefed up with a steel frame compared to the 02-03. It was not in my 02 and I had issues as well as my friends did with 02's. My other friends with 01's seemed to be the most solid boat. I would not hesitate on an 04 or 05. I like the latches as opposed to electric solenoids for the back hatches. I have had mine fly open on the highway and random when on the water on my 02. In 04 they added the sirius option and dual batteries and still had the shower option. Everyone has personal preferences but if you choose a SAN you will be happy with it if it fits your needs. Good luck!
Old     (woreout)      Join Date: Aug 2006       11-18-2006, 9:57 AM Reply   
Tack, the CC dealer here was told by CC corp. that they changed the tower back to the one before cuz of the blindspot. No proof, but CC corp didnt need to prove, or want to prove this, they just did it. I worked at the CC dealer when this happened, so I did not here this second hand. I loved the tower.
Old     (socalwakepunk)      Join Date: Dec 2002       11-18-2006, 10:04 AM Reply   
I have yet to find the blindspot...Could it be possible that this was an excuse made up in lieu of another reason for discontinuing the tower? I was under the impression that problems with production of the '04 tower (inconsistancies after cooling out of the jigs), was the reason they decided to go back to the earlier design.
Old    K.B.C.            11-18-2006, 10:43 AM Reply   
it seems to be the regular consensus on planetnautique, actually comes up quite often. I've heard it many, many times over there.

Personally I could care less, the wake that comes out the ass end is the same on all of them and that my main concern.
Old     (socalwakepunk)      Join Date: Dec 2002       11-18-2006, 3:20 PM Reply   
I prefer not to let others dictate opinions to me when I have firsthand experience that tells me otherwise.
Old     (planetnautique)      Join Date: Oct 2003       11-19-2006, 3:11 PM Reply   
I can appreciate that. No one boat is perfect for everyone, and as was stated above, the wake is the same on all of them!
Old     (wake_upppp)      Join Date: Nov 2003       11-20-2006, 7:09 PM Reply   
"No one boat is perfect for everyone"...agreed. Kinda like no boardrack is perfect for everyone. lol. But it seems the majority agree about the blind spot and that that is why they changed the design. Personaly, that design is one of my favorites.