Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through March 15, 2006

Old    hyperryd            01-30-2006, 9:23 PM Reply   
Anybody catch the show on OLN last night called Rock the Boat. It was like an Overhaulin' or Rides show for boat stereo's. They built a custom boat for ARC Audio. It was an Ultra cigarette style boat, but it was pretty sweet when they finished with it. Grant needs to get in touch with them, and have them give Sound Illusions a shot at building a huge system in a wakeboarding boat. No budget, just go for it.
Old     (john_v96)      Join Date: Apr 2003       01-30-2006, 10:14 PM Reply   
im sure taht the guys that did the stero are the same guys from santa rosa CA. they do awsome work i have seen alot of there work with i could afford to let them install in my boat
Old     (mitchj)      Join Date: Aug 2002       01-30-2006, 11:32 PM Reply   
Kustom Kar They are going to do mine as soon as I get it back from Udi .
Old     (grant_west)      Join Date: Jun 2005       01-31-2006, 9:04 AM Reply   
Joe U took this photo at the LA boat show.

I have seen the show. I dont know if that's how the installers realy are or the show makes them out to be a coupple of Joker's, If you watch the series they get fire'd later in the series. The quality of the work they show looks good and I respect them for that. I do wonder how they had that mess up with the ARC audio boat. For a company that builds custom boats for a living and knew about all the equipment and weight that was going into that boat BEFORE they started I wonderd why they were dumb founded when it wouldnt get on plain due to to much stereo equipment. And taking out the battery's to fix the problem didnt seem like the best soulition.
Just another thing you have to think about when taking your boat to get a big system installed. Where is all thins equipment going? How will it effect your boats performance/wake. We all know how sencitive a few hunderd pound's on one side of your boat can make it handle like crap.
In fact thats like the 5th boat I have seen that after a Install shop threw a monster stereo in the boat, It wouldnt get out of the water. LOL
Just think what a jack ass you would feel like. You get you boat back for the stereo shop and your system is PIMPED out you drop it in the water and try to take off but your boat's dragging butt in the water or leaning to one side because of un-balanced equipment. LAME.
Old     (gti2lo)      Join Date: Nov 2005       01-31-2006, 9:45 AM Reply   
DK makes a Bas As_ boat!! Well not totally functional but certainly over kill! The boat belongs to the owner of Arc Audio!!

Also ARC makes a marine line of speakers and their Amps are top notch!!

Old    mendo247            01-31-2006, 10:06 AM Reply   
That was a killer show! That boat looks so good... i loved the shots of it ripping around the lake.. looking at boats like that makes me want to trade in my wakeboat lol..i couldnt believe the weight of the stereo..
Old     (mitchj)      Join Date: Aug 2002       01-31-2006, 11:35 AM Reply   
Richard Kustom Kar,s work is incredible they do a lot of wake board boats .They are starting a X2 this week . The shop is very well ran and spotless .
Old     (kustomkaraudio)      Join Date: Jan 2003       01-31-2006, 8:36 PM Reply   
I APPRECIATE THE COMPLEMENTS, THANK YOU. GRANT, I CAN SEE YOUR CONCERNS. LET ME ME JUST SAY THAT CABE AND JASON ARE REAL COOL GUYS, BUT ACTUALLY DID NOT COMPLETE MUCH WORK ON THE BOAT. THERE WAS A TON OF MADE UP DRAMA AND B.S. IN THE SHOW. I wish the stereo system was played up more. There was a ton of thought put into equipment layout and placement. The boat stupid loud. If anyone gets a chance to see the boat, its worth looking at. Joe , thanks for the kind words and I look forward to working on your X2. Im sure that Jerry Ponte will soon be posting pics of his X2. Grant I wanted to say thanks for your comments about a boat that we did a few years back, Seans Toyota Epic. Thanks, Scott @ Kustom Kar Audio
Old     (grant_west)      Join Date: Jun 2005       01-31-2006, 9:02 PM Reply   
Scott: Game Reconize Game

How is Kustom Kar related to "Rock the Boat".

Shawn's boat was a major inspration for me getting into boat audio. When I saw his boat I was pretty blown away, You guys did a awesome job on his system. To this day I dont think I have seen a system like his. I guess Shawn was about 5 years ahead of his time. Now everyone is stuffing subs into boats. I think Shawn should bring his old system out of retierment.LOL.
Shawn's old system

ARC audio is a local company they should bring that boat up to the Spring Ride Boat Show. Ill have the website up soon. www.boatbeats.com
I would love to see and hear that thing.
Old     (kustomkaraudio)      Join Date: Jan 2003       02-01-2006, 8:49 PM Reply   
Grant, Sorry I did not clarify. I was on the build team with Chris Merrill ( also from Kustom Kar ) Take it easy , Scott Babson @ kustomkaraudio
Old     (seattle)      Join Date: Mar 2002       02-02-2006, 5:47 PM Reply   
Speaking of functionality,

How does one get in and out of that Yota without drenching the system?
Old     (shawnmdarnell)      Join Date: Feb 2003       02-02-2006, 8:06 PM Reply   
Cliff,

there is a step in the middle of the box and usually keep a giant towel over the subs when they are not turned on.
Old    mendo247            02-02-2006, 8:23 PM Reply   
god i love that set up! great ballast and killer sound.. ive never seen a close up pic of it before, i always wondered how it was finished off.. looks like they did an outstanding job!
Old     (madchild1)      Join Date: Mar 2005       02-03-2006, 1:14 AM Reply   
my 0.02:

i thought that arc audio ultra 28 stealth was the stupidest thing on the water. even if i had funds like that i wouldn't do that. i'd rather them put a new MercRacing 1075SCi and No.6 drive on the stern than that atrocious stereo.
Old     (grant_west)      Join Date: Jun 2005       02-03-2006, 4:49 AM Reply   
Mad Child: You are correct. That was stupid for a guy that own's a Moble Audio company to build a boat to showcase all his equipment and drum up intrest about his company. Yea I dont know what he was thinking.

He should have taken your advice and built another go fast boat, Im sure we would all be talking about it right now.
Old     (robert_t)      Join Date: Feb 2005       02-03-2006, 7:44 AM Reply   
If this is the same boat my wife and son saw they keep it in Modesto.
Old     (mitchj)      Join Date: Aug 2002       02-03-2006, 8:12 AM Reply   
It would be slick if it had a pole?
Old     (bigworm)      Join Date: Dec 2004       02-03-2006, 12:16 PM Reply   
joe they should have put your boat at the show ... i dont if jerrys boat has gone to get the stereo but i cant wait to see/hear it ... and yours joe.
Old     (three6ty)      Join Date: Feb 2004       02-03-2006, 12:28 PM Reply   
Nice workmanship but it looks totally GAY. How useless is that set up in a boat. So im guessing that boat seats 2-3 people huh.
Old     (brucemac)      Join Date: Dec 2005       02-03-2006, 12:32 PM Reply   
i'm sure i'm going to get slapped upside the head for this, but what is OLN?

is rock the boat a one-off show, or a series?
Old    mendo247            02-03-2006, 2:36 PM Reply   
Outdoor Life Network

i remember a thread a couple months ago where everyone was ripping on a malibu vlx that had a huge system in it(i believe it was skylons boat).. the rear trunks were filled with 15's it had about 8 amps mounted under the passenger seats.. when i walked into the pleasanton boat show that was the first thing i noticed.. i ran up to it all excitied.. only to find out they had removed all the subs(maybe it was a different boat but all the amps were the same).. all the amps were still there though..i was thinking they pulled half the system cause everyone was giving them so much crap.. i love it when people show off what they can do and take it to the extreme! even if its over the top and impractical there is always something you can take from it.. the world would be so boring if no one pushed these types of things to the limit!
Old     (mitchj)      Join Date: Aug 2002       02-03-2006, 3:32 PM Reply   
Richard you need to look at it as a art form and enjoy it .
Old    mendo247            02-03-2006, 4:39 PM Reply   
joe- trust me i love it when people go off on projects like this, I was just trying to say i dont think its right to say anything negative about anyone elses projects.. we all have different tastes, if you like it praise it, if you dont keep it to yourself.. it just doesnt seem right to me to come on here and tell someone there setup is "GAY"! personally i think it looks bad a**! id sport that system in my boat anyday! I just dont like it when people hate on others peoples projects(read my profile quote)lol
Old     (bond)      Join Date: Nov 2002       02-03-2006, 9:24 PM Reply   
Joe - went by Kustom today did not see your x-2 there???
Old     (mitchj)      Join Date: Aug 2002       02-03-2006, 9:39 PM Reply   
Our X 2 is in Livermore getting the heater fixed and chrome exhaust ports installed , I called Udi today to see when I can pick it up and deliver it to Kustom Kar but didnt hear back. I got the tower speakers last week and picked up the mounts at the boat show . I wish it was here today because it would have been on .
Old     (shawnmdarnell)      Join Date: Feb 2003       02-04-2006, 6:27 AM Reply   
Joe, what's Kustom Kar installing in there? Can't wait to see, you won't be disappointed!