Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through March 15, 2006

Old     (leykis1o1)      Join Date: May 2005       02-01-2006, 10:14 PM Reply   
im looking for a bimini for a old Skylon Tuna Tower mounted on a 2000 Malibu Sunsetter...i dont want a dinky bimini..somthing larger like 6ft or larger.maybe a universal?
..any help is apreciated
Old     (rodmcinnis)      Join Date: Sep 2002       02-02-2006, 11:21 AM Reply   
It would help if you told us where you live.

If you live near San Jose California I highly recommend "http://www.towerbiminis.com/". They can work from your measurements but I would feel better if they had the boat. If you had a Nautique then you could just call them up and say I want one because they have Nautique towers sitting in their shop (they provide biminis to the local Nautique dealer).

Otherwise, look around your area, perhaps visit the local Malibu dealer and find out who they get biminis from.
Old     (bobby_b)      Join Date: Feb 2005       02-02-2006, 12:58 PM Reply   
Ryan, I second that on Towerbimini's. Great product, reasonable price. I know they have done Malibu's in the past, they may have it already patterned.
Old     (leykis1o1)      Join Date: May 2005       02-02-2006, 4:33 PM Reply   
would you say towerbiminis ...bimini's are a good size...we are looking for a large bimini..
Old     (socaldave)      Join Date: May 2002       02-02-2006, 4:37 PM Reply   
Ryan, I have a similar boat and same tower. Bimini was made by Adlee Boat Covers in Corona, CA.

I'm not sure it couldbe much larger. As it is, it when the tower is up, it just barely fits under the top cross bar as we unfold the bimini and clip it in place.
Old     (seattle)      Join Date: Mar 2002       02-02-2006, 5:09 PM Reply   
Man!

That's one pretty old Bu!
Old     (socaldave)      Join Date: May 2002       02-03-2006, 9:47 AM Reply   
Cliff, I think that is a compliment, right?
Old     (bobby_b)      Join Date: Feb 2005       02-03-2006, 10:47 AM Reply   
I had a Adlee bimini on one of my first boats and although the quality is o.k., the styling is a bit dated. Towerbimini's are all mounted directly to the tower with clamps which totally eliminate the straps. No drilling required and a cleaner look.
Old     (biz)      Join Date: Mar 2004       02-03-2006, 11:31 AM Reply   
I bought one from Overtons for a Sport Nautique, i believe it was the smallest one they offered width wise in a 3 bow... It was the only one that would fit between the legs of my tower. I fits very similar (almost identical) to the bimini posted in the pic above with the Malibu. The good part is they are pretty cheap, around $230. You can also get a custom color to match your boat.

(Message edited by biz on February 03, 2006)