Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Wakesurfing

Old    foolish_one            08-16-2004, 5:04 PM Reply   
I need advise on how to weight my 04 tige 22i for goofy riders to acheive the best wake preformance. I can surf easily behind the boat with just the TAPS and im not to sure on the best way to start adding weight, but i really wanna surf with a bigger wake so any advise would be awesome.
-Cory
Old     (wakeboarder2687)      Join Date: Aug 2004       08-31-2004, 5:27 PM Reply   
I have an 03 21 i tige, with Rival ballast. What I do is fill the back bag and the front side(depending on which side I'm surfing). Then I try to get a bunch of people in it. I would reccomend putting whatever you have for weight in there, all along the side you will be surfing. I would make sure you have some weight in the front too. On mine I usually have to bring the taps down to like 4-5 or it gets too washy when there isn't much weight up front.
Old    tjstyphon            09-14-2004, 1:51 PM Reply   
I just got done surfing an 04 22i without ballast. The weighting depended on how many people, with 10 in the boat we put 1 fat sac in the side locker in back and 1 sac on the side of the engine (switching both sacs from side to side for regular or goofy riders.) With only a couple of people in the boat we added a third sac between the engine and the rear seat. It was a great wake!
Old    tjstyphon            09-14-2004, 1:55 PM Reply   
I forgot about the TAPS! With two sacs and tons of people (all on one side) the TAPS was set to 6, with less people and 3 sacs we had to set the TAPS to 1 or 2 to get a curl, otherwise it was all wash...hope this helps. Just play with it until you get it dialed in!