Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Non-Wakeboarding Discussion

Old     (zo1)      Join Date: Aug 2002       08-31-2010, 11:07 AM Reply   
Strongly considering it for all of our kids and where else to turn for a large demographic opinion/ response than WW...

Anyone have their kids in Montessori or did you go?

Thoughts? Opinions? Good and Bad!
Old     (baitkiller)      Join Date: Jan 2010       08-31-2010, 12:19 PM Reply   
Our local M school is pretty bad. Plus 12K for kindergarten is absurd. Some of my friends have told horror stories about discipline.

That being said the program is worth every nickle for some kids. Some will excel and others poke along at their own speed.
I don't have a problem with Montessori schools, just the local Montessori school.
An idea would be to talk to several local youth ministers of varying denominations about the school as many of their kids will attend. This will give you a feel for the local performance. Good luck. Our local Grammar and middle schools are the best in the state. The high school is among the worst. Not looking forward to private tuition but it's that or move.
Old     (zo1)      Join Date: Aug 2002       08-31-2010, 1:17 PM Reply   
Thankfully, the local Montesorri is very highly rated as is the public Elementary for where we are.

Problem is the elementary classes are big which really limits the individual interaction that I think my daughter would really thrive with. The M is one of many options, but it is nearly impossible to get into one of the three charters near us (we were #235 on one waiting list and they enrolled a grand total of 4 kids who were not siblings...) but some of the magnets are great as well.

Just trying to come up with a game plan moving forward and when you show up with a big fat check the admissions process is usually a lot easier

Thx for the post BTW...