Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through June 08, 2008

Old     (bob)      Join Date: Feb 2001       05-23-2008, 9:16 PM Reply   
A friend as well as myself have pretty much the same perfect pass problem. I have searched the forum quite extensively and have around 700-800 hours on the perfect pass so I do know what Im doing but I am stumped on this one, unless its a bad paddle wheel sensor or cpu. This guys sums it up pretty well but there never was a resolution to his problem:
http://www.wakeworld.com/MB/Discus/messages/65921/512945.html

"By Jason (makai_surfer) on Saturday, October 20, 2007 - 11:00 pm:

My PP is doing some crazy thing and I need some help badly! It will sometimes not engage and surge, other times it will get close to the set speed lock off much slower then the setting, other times it over shoots the speed and just keeps going north with out locking off... Wow it really sucks and I need some help! Anyone have any ideas?"
My setup has worked flawlessly for years and I hadnt sorted out the problem and a friend now has the same problem on a 99 SAN with wakeboard pro ver 6.3, I think.

His system and mine work fine in rpm mode but the speed readout on the right, which should be the input from the paddle wheel is all over the place, sometimes jumping up real high and other times looking pretty consistant then going crazy. Both wheels spin freely and I even replaced my paddle with the spare that came with it but no luck.
We did a full reset on his and I pulled and reconnected his connector for power and the paddle wheel that go the the cpu box.
Old     (wakemetoday)      Join Date: Mar 2006       05-24-2008, 12:51 AM Reply   
When my Paddlewheel went bad, the boat speed would surge, the numbers on the speedometer would shoot up and then the Perfect Pass would shut the speed off. I replaced the wheel and it works fine now.