Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through January 12, 2008

Old     (kawaik)      Join Date: Feb 2005       12-26-2007, 10:33 PM Reply   
ok so i just got done talking to my parentals about the boat that they purchased this last summer. it is an 07 tige 22ve. i was gone when the purchase was made but when word reached me i was super stoked. it was a huge upgrade from the yamaha jet boat we had purchased before i left. i just recently got back and since it was already winter i have had nothing to do but dream of getting to ride on and behind the new boat but from what i just heard it sounds like it isn't all quite sugarplums yet. there are a couple problems that my parents have had with the boat and since they have found no help from the dealer where they bought the boat i figured i would come to you guys seeing as you have yet to fail me. first i was told that the balast on the right side is problematic at best. it is usually slow to fill and sometimes doesn't fill at all. next the display for the perfect pass will sometimes not display. now when they went to the dealer to get these things taken care of they were no less than disappointed to find that the test on the balast involved hooking a hose to the intake and turning it on. i am no rocket scientist but my elementary education would say that that is in no way going to give the same result as a boat sitting in water with the pump turned on. they were equally frustrated to learn that when an attempt was made at turning on the perfect pass it was discovered that all was working well. now i don't want to sound like the ungrateful child who has to have everything his way and i also don't want to nitpick but i am of the opinion that when someone invests so much money in something they should at least have the peace of mind that they are getting what they paid for and if not that they should rest assured that they are in good hands and will be taken care of. i would love it if anyone has any solutions to the above stated problems other than the fact that i am whiny. that can't be cured. sorry for the long post. thanks a grundle.