Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through June 18, 2006

Old     (frenchy30)      Join Date: May 2006       06-06-2006, 2:16 PM Reply   
What is everyone using this year? I'm looking to get a new handle and line and would like to hear some opinions. I currently have Accurate handle and yellow jacket mainline from 3-4 years ago. Mainline tangles like no tomorrow.
Old     (jon4pres)      Join Date: May 2004       06-06-2006, 2:23 PM Reply   
I got a proline lg. It is a really nice handle. It is super comfy. Only complaint is that it does not float, but I can live with that.
Old     (innov8)      Join Date: May 2005       06-06-2006, 2:26 PM Reply   
I am riding the Proline Ak-1 Dynma coated 4 sec 80' line and a Proling LG (leather grip handle). I love this setup and the handle is so sick love the LG cant say enough about it the grip is one of a kind.
Old     (ozwest)      Join Date: May 2006       06-06-2006, 2:34 PM Reply   
My boyfriend just got me the 2006 Proline Delta Carbon Ultra-Light Handle for our anniversary. It has not been out behind the boat yet but I have been messing with it at home attached to the door while on the 360 balance board. I like how the bend in the handle fits to the shape of my back. As I said, haven't taken it out behind the boat but soon enough. Oh yeah, and I like that it has replaceable grip so I can customize the thickness of the handle for when I'm wearing my wrist brace I wear in hopes of postponing my wrist surgery until the end of wakeboarding season (Fall 2006).
Old     (bksmith)      Join Date: Apr 2006       06-06-2006, 3:41 PM Reply   
Jon,
The LG should float. Take it back or call 1-800-234-7547 and ask for the warranty department. Proline has a great 06 line up and they stand behind everything they sell.

I should know, I designed it and tested it. :-)My favoriate handle ever is the LG. but I do like the reverse radius on the Delta.

check out my latest waste of time at http://www.tranquilbase.com
Old     (bill)      Join Date: Feb 2001       06-06-2006, 3:51 PM Reply   
im really digging my 06 Helium CW(collin wright) Handle-really comfortable on the hands but grippy enough to pull out hard landings and

Also like my 75 foot mainline from bulletlines.com these are a great price with high quality and Customer service ..

its the best combo ive used so far...
Old     (ridetilldeath)      Join Date: Oct 2005       06-07-2006, 12:29 PM Reply   
06 helium TCH dragon handle (15" not 17") and a 2005 spectra lf line
for me, its great, the spectra was cheap and is practically no stretch so its great. and the handle, i have used once and felt really good in my hands
Old     (load)      Join Date: Jul 2003       06-07-2006, 12:38 PM Reply   
Brian, is the LG really supposed to float? Mine doesn't but it is a great handle.
Old     (mammoth)      Join Date: Apr 2005       06-07-2006, 1:01 PM Reply   
Another vote here for the LG.

And yeah, it floats. We're on our second after watching an LG float away after chopping up a line with the prop. We followed it for a while but lost it in the weeds. If anyone is interested, there's a free LG somewhere in "The Ditch" between Heaven's Acres and Weston Ranch.
Old     (bulletlines)      Join Date: Apr 2005       06-07-2006, 6:55 PM Reply   
We are clearing out the rest of our 2006 75' coated spectra mainlines, and 15" EVA handles. I can sell both for $95.00 shipped. I can sell just the 75' coated spectra rope for $45 shipped. Your getting a rope with handle for the price of a rope. Pics are below! Let me know.

Thanks,

Ken Land
Bullet Ski Lines
kland@bulletlines.com
www.bulletlines.com
Upload
Upload
Old     (bksmith)      Join Date: Apr 2006       06-08-2006, 7:56 AM Reply   
Yeah, all proline handles are supposed to float! The ends of the bar are corked or plugged. If you have dragged your handle a lot or just leave it in the water it will eventually take on water. But I would call 1-800-234-7547 and ask for the warranty department. They will help you out. Proline stands behind there products! It is that simple. For my latest waste of time check out http://www.tranquilbase.com
Old     (rothy)      Join Date: Jul 2005       06-08-2006, 8:07 AM Reply   
Hey guys, I have the above pictured handle and hate it. It gave me blood blisters. I don't use it anymore. That seems like a great line though! 45 shipped is awsome too. Anyone have any feedback on the line?
Old     (kingskrew)      Join Date: May 2004       06-08-2006, 8:13 AM Reply   
I've used the bullet line. Probably the best line you'll ever find for $45. The rope is non-stretch, but it does tangle a bit more easily than an a-line, however it's about 1/3 the price! Personally, I own an a-line, but if I were in the market, and wanted to save a few bucks, the bullet would probably be my next best pick.

-Steve
Old     (kingskrew)      Join Date: May 2004       06-08-2006, 8:20 AM Reply   
Oh as far as handles go, I really like accurate/hyperlites new carbon handles. They're super light and the Catalyst/Regiment/Lucid have molded foam grips that actually make it easier to hold on to, and more comfortable. I'm getting a premier though, to save on everyone's boat's gelcoat. The carbon handles are pretty rough on boats/boards.

-Steve
Old     (rothy)      Join Date: Jul 2005       06-08-2006, 8:56 AM Reply   
Thanks Steve. I'm hopefully picking up my Premier handle with T bar this week also. Hope that delivery comes in Not really needing a rope right now. That warrenty item is sopposed to be here this week too.
Old     (shiftsnow)      Join Date: Jun 2006       06-08-2006, 9:29 AM Reply   
i like the straight line handles for the reasn that they are completly carbon fiber so the handle is stiff. i also like it has a build in rope tie thhing it just wraps around the handle.
Old     (bksmith)      Join Date: Apr 2006       06-08-2006, 10:14 AM Reply   
FYI Mitchell,
Accurate, Proline and SL molded handles are all Carbon! The proline Delta and Millita are the only carbon handles to actually help you as a rider! It has a patented Reverse radius bend to it that allows the rider to do handle passes easier! Also it has a wrapped grip that you can change to what ever thickness you want or when the grip gets warn out you just wrap a new one on like a golf club. Also it is 17"!
check out the latest waste of my time
http://www.tranquilbase.com
Old     (shiftsnow)      Join Date: Jun 2006       06-08-2006, 2:44 PM Reply   
calm down bro i never said that the other were bad or that they sucked i have seen some of the new handles and there are alot that the hand part is carbon and the bottom is rope. so next time dont freak out so bad.
Old     (innov8)      Join Date: May 2005       06-08-2006, 3:35 PM Reply   
Mitchell he wasent FREAKING OUT he was just makin shure that everyone was getting the correct info on Carbon Handles. RELAX its a discussion board thats what you do on this site discuss product.
Old     (aden_g)      Join Date: Mar 2006       06-08-2006, 5:14 PM Reply   
Straight Line Eclipse limited edition. Best. Handle. Ever.
Old    bb2            06-09-2006, 10:37 PM Reply   
Any other reviews on the Bullet handle and line above before i go and buy one?? Seems like a steal??
Old     (jpk)      Join Date: Sep 2005       06-09-2006, 11:10 PM Reply   
I have a generic Straight Line and it is OK. I rode behind some friends boats and one has the new Straight Line Carbon and it is really nice. Ultra light and cushy grip. Another persion had the Hyperlite Premier and it was good too. The Premier is very sticky so you don't lose the handle easily.
Old     (jpk)      Join Date: Sep 2005       06-09-2006, 11:10 PM Reply   
I have a generic Straight Line and it is OK. I rode behind some friends boats and one has the new Straight Line Carbon and it is really nice. Ultra light and cushy grip. Another persion had the Hyperlite Premier and it was good too. The Premier is very sticky so you don't lose the handle easily.
Old     (mango)      Join Date: Mar 2004       06-10-2006, 11:27 AM Reply   
i've had no problems with the accurate a line w/parks carbon handle
Old     (wakebordr11)      Join Date: May 2001       06-10-2006, 11:30 AM Reply   
I just picked up the eclipse carbon handle by SL for a rediculous deal, and sticking with the accurate blue jacket