Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through May 19, 2006

Old    s__dime            05-17-2006, 12:39 PM Reply   
Hi I just purchased the FLy high x-series v-drive sacs and tsunami pump and will be using them on my 2001 Malibu Sunsetter VLX with titan tower and wedge. The 2 sacs are 400 pounds each and I will be putting them in the engine compartments. Will I be needing a ski locker sac or anything else to help level out the boat? Also how much better will the wake be? Is anyone has experience with these bags or pump tell me your thought on them.

Thanks
Old     (jnewton7)      Join Date: Jun 2005       05-17-2006, 1:17 PM Reply   
I have a 98 Sunsetter VLX and I got the ProX 750's. I was glad that i got these instead of the vdrive's. They will fill completely. You definately need some weight up front tho to level it out....we are running about 3200 right now total. Here are some pics of the 750's
Upload
Upload
Old     (eubanks01)      Join Date: Jun 2001       05-17-2006, 3:24 PM Reply   
Dang! Those things are stuffed in there.

I have the Pro X V-drive sacs in my '05 Wakesetter LSV and they work great. Honestly, I wouldn't want any more rear weight plus I like having the storage on top of the sacs still available for jackets, ropes, etc.
Old     (trace)      Join Date: Feb 2002       05-18-2006, 7:47 AM Reply   
I'd go with the 750's if I were you, especially if you surf, and also considering the 01 SSVLX has the diamond hull.
Old    nautique226            05-18-2006, 7:52 AM Reply   
those are some nice looking 750's!
Old    s__dime            05-18-2006, 9:05 AM Reply   
I dont wanna go with 750's because I dont wanna lose all my storage. How would putting in a ski locker sack work it will add another 400 lbs of ballast?
Old     (trace)      Join Date: Feb 2002       05-18-2006, 10:35 AM Reply   
then don't fill them all the way. you can get close to 600 in the locker. i think the rear seat bottom sack is the best fit, but it can't expand all the way in there.