Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old     (alex)      Join Date: May 2010       05-18-2010, 1:10 PM Reply   
Electronics rookie, even worse with stereo, just got 2 single can polk 6.5s from a friend and am looking to add the tower speakers to existing system defcon IV, wanted to run it by all you stereo geniouses out there. First let me say, I know its not gonna be an amazing stereo, the components were either given to me or came with the boat, some day I'll be able to have sweet wetsounds or whatever, just not today, today I've got to work with what I've got.
That being said here's what I got...

Stock Clarion Amp running the tower speakers
Clarion 480
RMS 80x4
Peak 160x4
Bridged 230x2
Minimum Impedence Bridged 4

Tower Speakers (6x; 3 per each bridged channel)
Polk MOMO MMC650
Freq Resp 43 Hz-25KHz
Normal Impedance 4 ohms
Power Cont. 80 w
Power Peak 180 w
Effic 90 dB

(Not sure if any or all of the specs are important so I just put up whatever I found on the internet to save the guroos some time in not having to look it all up.)

My plan now is to bridge the amp; having the left 3 speakers on channels 1-2, and the 3 right speakers on channels 3-4. My plan was also to run them all in parallel, mostly beacuse that is how they are already wired in the nautique cans, so it just made sense to do it that way; and then I could just splice the wires where they come out of the tower and not effect the exixting wiring. If needed I could re-wire the speakers within the enclosures in series, but figured I'd ask all of you before I did. Also not sure if its important but each of the speakers is wired with the external cap thing, just FYI in case that's significant somehow.

I drew a quick sketch of my plan to help clarify my thoughts, if anything is unclear please let me know. I'm sure ohms and imped are important, I just have no idea what they mean and would really appreciate someone looking over my numbers. Also not sure if its important but the housings are 2 single cans, and 2 double cans- for a total of 6 speakers. Thanks soooo much in advance, I really appreciate everyone's help.
Attached Images