Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Wake Events

Old     (beretta5spd)      Join Date: Jan 2010       02-17-2011, 3:06 PM Reply   
Here's the release!

http://www.thewwa.com/2011/02/17/wwa...ries-schedule/

This is going to be awesome!
New park in Winnipeg, Manitoba (not Ontario as listed - maybe someone who is with the WWA can fix that on the website.) I used to live an hour from there, now I'm 8 hours away but I would be very pumped to be there for that weekend.

On a side note, that's only a 7-8 hour drive (maybe even less) for the Minneapolis area crew!
Old     (mbsteez)      Join Date: May 2005       02-19-2011, 7:46 AM Reply   
Yeah that's going to be sick! Especially exciting because it must mean that the cable park is going to be top notch.
Old     (alevitt)      Join Date: Aug 2006       02-19-2011, 8:37 AM Reply   
Big thumbs up for cable parks in Canada; great news! Pat Panakos and the Wake Park Project crew are helping to design the park and some of the obstacles. Pretty sure it will be a full 6 tower Sesitec system, although I haven't confirmed this info.
Old     (kyle_L)      Join Date: Mar 2010       02-19-2011, 2:48 PM Reply   
here are is the lake and the sliders from their website. looks pretty freaking awesome
Attached Images

Old     (kyle_L)      Join Date: Mar 2010       02-19-2011, 2:50 PM Reply   
Attached Images

Old     (mbsteez)      Join Date: May 2005       02-19-2011, 3:45 PM Reply   
So pumped! Anyone heard clockwise/counter-clockwise?
Old     (kyle_L)      Join Date: Mar 2010       02-20-2011, 10:29 AM Reply   
if that is the cable they are building in the blueprint its counter clockwise.
Old     (benjaminp)      Join Date: Nov 2008       02-20-2011, 4:54 PM Reply   
Looks like both the fun obstacles are going to be on the right hand side. Too bad for all the regular riders out there who dont like riding toeside or switch (just me?). I guess its motivation to get better, but I really wish there were more clockwise parks in North America.
Old     (beretta5spd)      Join Date: Jan 2010       02-20-2011, 5:14 PM Reply   
ya getting onto the obstacles on the right is a little harder. I've only been to TSR and spent numerous laps trying to get onto some of them. But like you say it is a bit motivation to work at toeside and switch
Old     (stuey)      Join Date: Dec 2004       02-21-2011, 10:16 AM Reply   
Arrgh! So frustrating... another cable park comes to Canada but nowhere near me. I'm happy the sport is progressing but come on... Manitoba? It's snow like 8 months of the year there!

Please please please somebody build one somewhere in the Pac Northwest...
Old     (mbsteez)      Join Date: May 2005       02-22-2011, 10:25 AM Reply   
We get snow from November to March AND in the summer it gets hotter than the pacific northwest...
Old     (benjaminp)      Join Date: Nov 2008       02-22-2011, 10:42 AM Reply   
^Come on man, who are you kidding, it snows from September to May in Sask, haha.
Old     (stuey)      Join Date: Dec 2004       02-22-2011, 11:31 AM Reply   
lol.. your two months of summer... Ahh I'm just hating cause I don't get a park near me.

We could ride from March till Nov in Vancouver... drysuit till May and after Oct usually. But it would be so much easier to keep riding in the winter with a cable park... suit up, go ride for an hour, then drive home with the heat cranked and a Tim Hortons coffee.. haha
Old     (beretta5spd)      Join Date: Jan 2010       02-22-2011, 11:42 AM Reply   
yea haha Timmy Hos is just up the street from this new park
Old     (alevitt)      Join Date: Aug 2006       03-02-2011, 10:50 AM Reply   
They're also hosting the first stop of the Monster Energy Wake Park Triple Crown: http://www.sbcwakeboard.com/news_article?news_id=596
Old     (beretta5spd)      Join Date: Jan 2010       03-03-2011, 8:39 AM Reply   
That's great news. Hopefully there will be a lot of riders out for both of those events!!