Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Wakesurfing

Old     (cmeriptahoe)      Join Date: Jul 2006       05-06-2008, 8:27 PM Reply   
I know I'm a noob. Are there any NorCal surf events scheduled for the summer? If so where are they. I'm interested in going to my first one even it is only as a spectator.
Old     (leaks)      Join Date: Oct 2005       05-08-2008, 2:14 PM Reply   
I havn't heard of any yet. Maybe Surfdad can enlighten us a bit (?)
Old    surfdad            05-08-2008, 2:44 PM Reply   
Not on here. :-) I've PM'ed Calvin.
Old     (norris_laker)      Join Date: Aug 2006       05-08-2008, 3:51 PM Reply   
Jeff, if possible could you post a response in the event forum of WW. I know you are trying to be a good WW citizen but there are probably a lot of wakesurfers that would really like this information and would benefit from it but giving this info in the wakesurf forum appears to be in direct violation of the WW regulations that we see every time we log into this forum. If I read the regulations correctly, this information can be shared in the events forum.
Old    surfdad            05-08-2008, 4:01 PM Reply   
I have to tie one more venue down and then I'll do that RG.
Old     (leaks)      Join Date: Oct 2005       05-09-2008, 12:30 PM Reply   
R.G.;
Just for my info, Is answering Calvins question on this forum a violation of the W.W. Rules? I understand that all events need to be posted properly, but just trying to help out with some info may be against the rules ?

(Message edited by leaks on May 09, 2008)
Old    surfdad            05-09-2008, 12:58 PM Reply   
Greg,

Others may have a different opinion, but I prefer to be safe rather than sorry. I'm not trying to set a precedent. In my experience here on WW there are folks that create assumed identities and then ask themselves questions or have others stage a question so as to get around the "no advertising" rule. I want no part of that or to potentially LOOK like that.

I don't know how I can post details of a contest here in the wakesurf forum without it "feeling" like advertising that contest. Again, just my perspective. I will post details in the event section and of course my email address is always available on my profile.
Old     (leaks)      Join Date: Oct 2005       05-09-2008, 1:06 PM Reply   
Thanks Jeff,
I didn't even look at it that way. I guess that there are some minds out there that work in mysterious ways..
Old     (norris_laker)      Join Date: Aug 2006       05-09-2008, 1:07 PM Reply   
Greg, I'm not the person to asks this question. I personally think this whole issue is silly. The Wakesurf forum is the only forum on WW that is greeted with a warning about what you can post. The warning states "Advertising includes the posting of anything contributed by a person affiliated with a company (owners, employees, reps, riders, friends, etc.) with the sole intent to promote a company's products, events, web pages, etc. The only exception is that you are free to post event announcements in the Wake Events section." Since Jeff is connected to the promoting of Norcal events, his response to the question could be seen as promoting an event. Maybe somebody from WW can provide assistance if it is appropriate to respond or even discuss wakesurf events in the wakesurf forum.
Old     (leaks)      Join Date: Oct 2005       05-09-2008, 1:15 PM Reply   
R.G.;
Thanks for the response. I'm with you on the issue being rather silly. It's too bad some folks try to bend the rules to better their affiliates. Anyway, thanks for the explanation, and To quote our own Surfdad "Old Bald Guys Rule"

See Ya!
Old     (cmeriptahoe)      Join Date: Jul 2006       05-10-2008, 12:34 PM Reply   
Jeff got back to me very quickly regarding my question and I will be keeping in touch with him when he nails down venues. Hopefully we can get all this confusion figured out as to whether he or others can share information with everyone without having to PM people directly.