Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through March 24, 2008

Old     (uofamox)      Join Date: Feb 2007       03-06-2008, 9:20 PM Reply   
Any one have any ideas how to fill a lounge for when you tie up and hang out. I am sick of standing for 30 min using some weak pump to get the job done.

Here is the lounge I have
http://www.sportsstuff.com/dyn_prod.php?p=SPT54-2010&k=68027

I am considering using a ten gallon portable air tank like this one.
http://www.harborfreight.com/cpi/ctaf/displayitem.taf?Itemnumber=40057

I tie up every weekend and am tired on spending too much time watching this fill up.

Any ideas/recommendations/comments.

I realize I am sacrificing some space with this idea.
Old     (epic_peachland)      Join Date: Oct 2006       03-06-2008, 10:18 PM Reply   
The pump I have takes about 2 mins max to pump up tubes and even less for a lounge. http://www.sears.ca/gp/product/B000MWBF3M?searsBrand=core

I find the 4 Litre hand pumps work very well...however I wouldn't mind having 10 gallons of air on hand when I wanted it.
Old     (rallyart)      Join Date: Nov 2006       03-06-2008, 10:47 PM Reply   
You can buy 12 volt impeller type pumps that blow a lot of air gut don't give much pressure
http://www.ad-discountperformance.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=1054_1209_1 210_1235&products_id=804
This is the kind but many other makes are available.
Old     (chpthril)      Join Date: Oct 2007       03-07-2008, 5:12 AM Reply   
You need a Tube Pump like this $20 @ Sports Authority.

http://www.sportsauthority.com/product/index.jsp?productId=2553147&cp=2057781.712859.7129 08.710656&view=all&parentPage=family

An air compressor is intended to produce high pressure, these types of pumps are low pressure but hi-volume.
Old     (slowjet)      Join Date: Aug 2007       03-07-2008, 6:46 AM Reply   
I've got the pump that TigeMike posted. It works pretty well, I've even used it for an air mattress. I bought mine at Wal-Mart for like $15.
Old     (uofamox)      Join Date: Feb 2007       03-08-2008, 9:15 AM Reply   
Everyone,
Thanks for your input.

Shane,
Do you really think you could pump my lounge up in 2 min? It is almost 12'x12'.

Anyone out there done what I am thinking about doing.
Old     (mikea)      Join Date: Mar 2005       03-08-2008, 9:43 AM Reply   
a freind has a tube like yours and he uses a shop vac to inflate it.

not really compact but it gets the job done QUICK.
Old     (epic_peachland)      Join Date: Oct 2006       03-08-2008, 5:05 PM Reply   
O ok sorry I misunderstood what you meant by lounge...still in my experience I think that the 4 Liter hand pump is more affective than the 12 V sure its harder but DEFINITELY faster...

I would love to see and hear how your idea works it does sound like a good one. In my boat I just dont have the space.
Old     (epic_peachland)      Join Date: Oct 2006       03-08-2008, 5:06 PM Reply   
K I just looked at the link you posted....go with your idea for sure.
Old     (flsurflover)      Join Date: Aug 2003       03-08-2008, 10:42 PM Reply   
I have this Coleman rechargeable Quick Pump that I bought at Walmart. It is amazingly fast on tubes, inflating and deflating. Buy it at Wallyworld and return it with no questions asked if it doesn't meet your needs.
http://www.walmart.com/catalog/product.do?product_id=895608
Old     (hatepain)      Join Date: Aug 2006       03-09-2008, 5:36 PM Reply   
I use the 12V blower and use it to pimp up the Great Big Bertha which is about the size a king mattress. It fills up in about 3 to 3 1/2 minutes. I couldn't imagine a hand pump is faster plus the 12V blower is very small.
Old     (dohboy)      Join Date: Aug 2007       03-09-2008, 7:40 PM Reply   
I agree with the 12v blower. After the 2way pump I had broke I got one of the blower pumps from Overtons. Its super small and blows a 3 man tube in about 3 minutes.
Old     (ericlee)      Join Date: Apr 2007       03-13-2008, 3:22 PM Reply   
Mox,
I was wondering how you can get 6 girls and only 2 guys in your boat? I think I know why now...The Fiesta Lounge...I saw that and I have never seen that and now I want one...The g/f thinks its a waste of money but I have to have one now...Can ya give me some feedback on it? Does it take up alot of room when its not aired up? Is it well made with 8 people in it? ...ALso I have been looking on the web to buy one and I have found it listed from 279-399...Any lead on where to buy it and for how much?

Thanks
Old     (uofamox)      Join Date: Feb 2007       03-13-2008, 4:07 PM Reply   
Eric,
I have used other lounges like the cheap ones from Costco but this thing is massive. Out here we have Sunday Fundays at the lake. Lake is only 15min away and we have anywhere from 30 to 60 boats tie up and party. I sometimes have 14 to 15 people in my boat and this lounge really lets everyone spread out.

I do get a lot of girls out and continue to meet ones all the time. The truth of the matter is that I am a great host and make sure everyone always stays safe and has fun. It also does not hurt that I have a stripper pole on the boat.
The girls absolutely love just joking around spinning on it. It is a perfect combination..booze babes boat tunes and stripper pole = Sunday Funday.

As for buying a lounge right now the best I have found is
http://www.dansdiscountprops.com/BuyNow/Details.cfm?ProdID=406&category=8

FREE SHIPPING.

Walmart had them on clearance for $200 some time back but that deal is long gone.
Old     (ericlee)      Join Date: Apr 2007       03-13-2008, 4:35 PM Reply   
Thanks for the info....That link is the cheapest I have found also....Wish I could have jumped on the wally world for 200 bucks.

Is it easy to deflate and does it take up very much room when not in use?
Old     (uofamox)      Join Date: Feb 2007       03-13-2008, 7:05 PM Reply   
It does take up room but since i am so close to home from the lake i usually tow it back to the dock. Then partially deflate and pin down in the boat. We drove home we unload it and the gear while everyone else gets the BBQ started.

Gotta love lake season!

I have great success with all of my sportsstuff products but offcourse pinhole leaks do happen...or drunk friends accidently cause small tears. I have had to make a couple of leak repairs but it has held up to some pretty wild times.

It fits in the rear comparment rolled up nice but at the end of the day with 12 to 14 drunk people on the boat it is pretty difficult to find good help.
Old     (mxflyer281)      Join Date: Oct 2007       03-13-2008, 10:42 PM Reply   
Eric man ur just not working it right do u want to come ride in my wakeboard boat is the easiest pickup line ever lol i cant say i've ever had one refuse maybe its just my classic good looks. On a more serious note those lounges r sweet though i ride on a river so we never get to use em.
Old     (ericlee)      Join Date: Apr 2007       03-14-2008, 9:37 AM Reply   
Well I am looking high and low for one at a better price. Looks like I am going to have to drop 3 bills in order to get one.

Mox,
How does the flooring hold up? Will it hold up to someone standing on it in the water getting in and out of it?
Old     (millerda31)      Join Date: Dec 2004       03-14-2008, 11:36 AM Reply   
$189 at Costco

http://tinyurl.com/2aq6zh

Upload