Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through September 20, 2005

Old    260searay            08-26-2005, 1:30 PM Reply   
I am docked in lake erie and it is my only choice. Having a 26 footer and not having a good tow vehicle it really makes it hard to travel to other lakes. Not to mention there really are none around Conneaut Ohio. I have one buddy i got into wakeboarding and whenever he can go with me (also so i have a driver) the lake is rough. The only time the lake is calm which is about once a week....i cant find anyone that can drive the boat. So basically i want to ride everyday and should be able to since i am a mile from the lake i am docked in, but i cant because either ( A ) its windy , or ( B )i cant pull myself around the lake. So i end up riding once or twice every week or two.
Old     (wakeslife)      Join Date: Jul 2005       08-26-2005, 2:08 PM Reply   
Get up at liek 5; is it rough then??? I know Erie is huge but my lake in Northern MI is only calm in the morns and late nite.
Old     (wallyworld)      Join Date: Jan 2003       08-26-2005, 2:09 PM Reply   
I knew some chicks from conneaut, they were pretty wild. If i still knew their numbers they would pull you
Old     (wakeriderixi)      Join Date: Jan 2004       08-26-2005, 2:48 PM Reply   
Sounds like its time to sell the 26' and get somethings like a 21'.. say Malibu, Correct Craft, Mastercraft-ish.....
Old    260searay            08-27-2005, 5:28 AM Reply   
I ended up saying screw it and went out in the wind yesterday and rode inside the breakwall which is like one wake jump, then turn around and try again. Also you are not aloud to do any towing inside the harbor so of course after about...25 minutes i was up and saw the coast gaurd come around the lighthouse. So i had to let go and got the board off as quick as i could and got back in the boat. They acted like they were coming over but pulled a fishing boat over so i made it to the dock.
Old     (joeshmoe)      Join Date: Jan 2003       08-27-2005, 6:14 AM Reply   
yah, i remember when i sold my 24 ft. fourwinns(great lake erie boat) it really handled the 4ft to 6ft great swells, and it had a camper top so it slept 5 people. get over to vermilion sometime and we can ride in the malibu
Old    260searay            08-27-2005, 8:38 AM Reply   
Is vermilion in the cleveland area? What lake do you ride there?
Old     (levi)      Join Date: Feb 2001       08-27-2005, 10:21 AM Reply   
You may want to get a wake surfer. Could still get some water time in when it isn't good to wakeboard? I need to get one for mid day at the lake for sure.
Old    260searay            08-27-2005, 1:54 PM Reply   
I wouldnt do that because i have an I/O.
Old     (joeshmoe)      Join Date: Jan 2003       08-27-2005, 4:19 PM Reply   
vermilion is about 30 miles west of cleveland, we ride on the huron river, its allways flat there
Old     (tcluv85)      Join Date: Jan 2004       08-27-2005, 8:48 PM Reply   
How far are you from Cleveland?
Old    260searay            08-28-2005, 5:47 AM Reply   
I am an hour from cleveland.
Old     (sroot1)      Join Date: Aug 2005       08-29-2005, 11:01 AM Reply   
Shmoe
That's a pretty good run by water from vermilion to Huron river! How long does it take you?
I live in Lorain and am right at the waterfront, when winds are east or south we can have great riding area behind the breakwall! Anyway I am always ready to go when the Lake is! Check out my post looking for Riders.
Last week and this wk'd we had great conditions but everyone is getting OLD on me with the WE Have Responsibilities Stuff!
Old     (jhertz27)      Join Date: Jul 2005       08-29-2005, 2:28 PM Reply   
Hey man i know how you feel i tried riding once on lake Erie and it was Brutal. I live outside Toledo so I go to the Maumme River and up to Devils Lake in Michigan. Always glass on the river. Is there any coves or anything you can find that aren't shallow?
Old     (joeshmoe)      Join Date: Jan 2003       08-29-2005, 5:58 PM Reply   
scott, i trailer the boat to the huron river from vermilion. if the wind is out of the east i trailer the boat up to sandusky bay. i only had the boat on lake erie one time this summer
Old     (timmy)      Join Date: Jul 2001       08-29-2005, 6:22 PM Reply   
go walleye fishing when its rough
Old     (sroot1)      Join Date: Aug 2005       08-30-2005, 6:13 AM Reply   
Shcmoe
If you need a third email me! jackieandscott01@aol.com

If not, where do you launch and ride at on the Huron? Are there depth and debri issues?
We DN60 Iceboat from Sandusky sail club at the bay in the winter! The only public ramp that I know of is Dempsy access at Catawba.
If you want to ride in Lorain send mail! We had miles and miles of margarine before the Hurricane wash today. But No one to Ride! I know insert Baby Crying Soundtrack here!

Anyway I LOVE Lake Erie! Seldom do we have Great Wakeboarding conditions but when we do it makes the riding so much better! Besides I'm spoiled! If it's Windy we Windsurf or Kiteboard if it's not so windy we sail the Hobie 16' or Kayak and when it's flat I try to get people to wakeboard.
But I am Envious when I see all of the pictures of real Butter! And I would Wakeboard every day if I had conditions to!
Scott