Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through April 25, 2006

Old     (dtb)      Join Date: May 2002       04-06-2006, 6:22 AM Reply   
Is there anyone on this board that rides at Smithville Lake in Missouri? I don't live too far from that lake and would like to get a crew together to ride with up there this season. I have seen a few other riders out there last year, but haven't had a chance to meet anyone. My boat or yours, just want to meet some people to ride with.
Old     (suckbuthavefun)      Join Date: May 2003       04-06-2006, 7:47 AM Reply   
Where is Smithville?
Old     (rooster_cogburn)      Join Date: Feb 2006       04-06-2006, 8:25 AM Reply   
In Libery, MO just North of KC
Old    malibu_dan            04-06-2006, 5:16 PM Reply   
I ride Smithville as much as I can which is not near enough. I have a red/black/white Malibu LSV. If you see me out there pull me over.
Old     (dtb)      Join Date: May 2002       04-07-2006, 4:53 AM Reply   
Dan, I'm in a black and tan VLX. Have not been out yet this season but am planning on getting the boat ready this weekend. Hope to see you out there.
Old     (wildcatx2)      Join Date: Mar 2005       04-07-2006, 5:40 AM Reply   
Hey guys, How is that lake? I usually Ride down at hillsdale in southern Johnson Co. KS. It's not that great, especially on the weekends, and Longview lake and Blue Springs are to expensive and crowded also.
Old     (dtb)      Join Date: May 2002       04-07-2006, 8:01 AM Reply   
John, I have ridden both Smithville and Hillsdale, neither are that great, but I go to Smithville more cause it is closer to my house. It gets pretty crowded during the summer on weekends, but during the week and early/late in the day on weekends good water can usually be found.

Let me know if you want to check it out some time or maybe I could come meet you at Hillsdale some time. I just need more people to ride with in the area.
Old     (murphini)      Join Date: Apr 2006       04-07-2006, 1:09 PM Reply   
We wb at Hillsdale--well my kids (14 & 11 ) do anyway....when my wife pulls me she either goes at 4 mph or 34mph. We have the red VIP with the Monster Tower.

Near the dam or near out/across from the smaller ramp works ok. We've also found an open "field" if you go thru the trees on the Northwestern arm.

We may also try Smithville or Pomona this summer
Old     (wildcatx2)      Join Date: Mar 2005       04-11-2006, 9:06 PM Reply   
Have any of you guys been out yet this year. My boat is still wrapped up in the garage. But I am really starting to get the itch.
Old     (northslidin)      Join Date: Mar 2005       04-11-2006, 9:39 PM Reply   
Made first ride this season at Smithville April 2nd. Water was 46, a bit chilly but w/ full wet suit its doable.
Old     (dtb)      Join Date: May 2002       04-12-2006, 12:02 PM Reply   
i am planning to put the boat in for the first time this season on friday. will anyone else be out at smithville?
Old    malibu_dan            04-13-2006, 7:17 PM Reply   
I am hoping to get on the water in 2 to 3 weeks. Just put the boat back together Sunday and won't be back in the KC area until late April.
Old     (jwr)      Join Date: Jan 2006       04-13-2006, 8:07 PM Reply   
any of you guys anywhere near the blue springs area?
Old     (clayton191)      Join Date: Apr 2006       04-14-2006, 12:05 AM Reply   
I hope some of you guys are friendly -- I dont have a boat and I will probably need a ride!!! haha I just moved to Kansas City from Kentucky and have been trying to adjust not having KY lake and lake barkley around... So far I've heard about lake of hte ozarks, hillsdale, and smithville... Are these lakes pretty deep or do you have to stay in channels for the most part?

Its supposed to be nearly 90 tommorrow - could be a good time! I'm heading home for easter and definately plan to get my first ride in of the season!
Old     (dtb)      Join Date: May 2002       04-17-2006, 5:04 AM Reply   
got some good riding in at smithville friday evening after the wind died down. water was 53 degrees, but the air was a lovely 93. rode in just shorts and a vest. glad to be back on the water.
Old     (jamie_lamar)      Join Date: Mar 2004       04-17-2006, 6:51 AM Reply   
dtb- I was up there friday night dropping off a boat for a customer around 6:30 and almost called you. What boat did you have on the water?

Watch out for Mr.King and his purple Supra up there...

(Message edited by jamie lamar on April 17, 2006)
Old     (dtb)      Join Date: May 2002       04-17-2006, 10:11 AM Reply   
Jamie, we were in a black and tan vlx riding by the dam. the water was great after about 6 pm. we could have definitely picked you up for a pull. were you out in the supra, or just dropping off? we saw another malibu out and an older nautique, but no purple supra. i'll keep an eye out....
Old     (phil_deez)      Join Date: Jan 2003       04-19-2006, 9:22 PM Reply   
Hey guys, I just moved to the KC area myself. I'm in the Lee's Summit area. I have an '02 VLX but I won't have it down here until June when my house is done. It's in storage and I'm renting a place right now. I'm looking for people to hook-up with and ride.