Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through November 30, 2004

Old     (sjmedic)      Join Date: May 2004       11-10-2004, 1:29 PM Reply   
OK...the meeting will be on November 20th...place to be determined later. PLEASE refrain from hitting the water on that Saturday(i know how difficult that is) and set aside that day. Meeting agenda will be covered, posted what will be covered on "find a third, be a third" because I know all of you go there first! We should start around 5-6pm...and take no longer than 1-1.5 hours for general business. First round of drinks (beer) is on the Penalty jar. Penalties must be paid before ordering. (I owe $50 myself!)
Please respond to my email if you can make it...everyone is welcome. New members are encouraged...Family is always welcome.
Old     (rodmcinnis)      Join Date: Sep 2002       11-11-2004, 9:42 PM Reply   
Just out of curiosity, what is the expected benefit of creating such a club?
Old     (buffalow)      Join Date: Apr 2002       11-12-2004, 7:37 AM Reply   
What about having an online meeting/forum? I coudl probably set it up on westsideconnection.net.
Old     (sjmedic)      Join Date: May 2004       11-12-2004, 9:58 AM Reply   
The club is not being formed for any specific benefit. It just creates the opportunity for like-minded people to share ideas, match boats and riders, foster some freindships, and to just get together every once in a while to have some fun. There are certain rules and friendly agreements that some of the core members have established, and these seem to increase participation and fun peer pressure.
I (i cannot speak for everyone) enjoy the loose structured group of people who share the same interests, courtesies and fun associated with the sport of Wakeboarding. Formation of this club is a way to establish a cohesive group of people, who eventually, will benefit from friendship and the comeraderie spoken of earlier.
It is our intent to carry the club as far as it is willing to go and, in time, grow to be a group who can rely on its members to be available and to be the kind of people you would WANT on your boat.
Jason, Thanks for the invite to have a meeting on the web, however, I think it would be more of a benefit to have a meeting in person for the first time. I appreciate your interest, and any help or advice that you have would be welcomed! You have a great reputation in the wakeboarding world, and I look forward to meeting you.
Rod..I hope I answered your question, say hi to Chad for me. By the way...we are working on some cool designs for a club logo!
Old     (p1emt)      Join Date: Sep 2004       11-13-2004, 4:39 PM Reply   
Ok once again the SBB meeting has been changed one final time !!!! It is now set in stone !!! Please RSVP to HOWIE or my self !!! Hope you can all make it !!!! Kim
Old    gw_mark            11-13-2004, 4:59 PM Reply   
Well you guys seem like a pretty cool crew and I know who's boat I would want to be on if I ever got hurt, bet I have been in the back of one of your rides before.
Old    wakeboarder408            11-14-2004, 12:09 AM Reply   
Howard, well said. I'll be there on the 11th.
Old     (sjmedic)      Join Date: May 2004       11-14-2004, 2:00 PM Reply   
Thank You Mark. I believe that this meeting will draw a few people who are looking for some riders, and riders who are looking for boat owners! Again, I would like to offer an open invitation to anyone interested in becoming a member of the South Bay Wakeboarding Club, or anyone just curious as to what we represent. Please respond to this thread, ot to my Email on my profile.
Thanks!
P.S. Hey Mark...can you and Howard take time off Monday morning? Timmy and I are going out in the morning from 10 to maybe 2pm. Kim is out, and I thing greg and James may be indisposed. I am going to try them both today. Let us know!