Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles

Old     (tanny)      Join Date: Aug 2011       08-29-2011, 9:35 AM Reply   
I found an '09 xstar I am interested in but the problem is I would have to install plumbing for any ballast beyond the factory 1000 pounds. I probably would any way, but is there anyone out there that has pictures of an xstar's wake with just the factory ballast?
Old     (iliketowakealot)      Join Date: May 2011       08-29-2011, 9:55 AM Reply   
Thats not really a difficult problem to resolve. FlyHigh's systems integrate into the stock ballast system and take minimal alterations to the vessel. When installing the system on my x2, I only had to drill holes for the three way valves to make them easily accessible, otherwise only a heat gun, screwdriver and a little elbow grease was needed. Their kits had everything needed and a few extra feet of hoses. Worth the few extra bucks.

To save a little money, you can buy all the hoses, one way valves and three way valves from somewhere like west marine, then buy the sacs and fittings from FlyHigh. Study their diagrams and make it happen.
Old     (polarbill)      Join Date: Jun 2003       08-29-2011, 9:57 AM Reply   
I am guessing you are not going to be happy at all with the stock wake. It is pretty small although it should be clean and consistant. Just not very big. I believe the rear sacks can be really easy to install. Just take the overflow hose from the stock rears and run them into the extra bags then run a vent from the bag to the stock vent thru hull piece. The front can probably be done the same way with the vent/overflow from the middle tank going to one of the front bags then a vent/overfill line going from one bag to the other then run an overflow to line to the stock overflow thru hull. The problem with this is you don't really have the ability to adjust side to side on the front.
Old     (ShawnB)      Join Date: Oct 2010       08-29-2011, 9:59 AM Reply   
2011 Parks XStar with only stock ballast

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yz8P3J876qE
Old     (tanny)      Join Date: Aug 2011       08-29-2011, 10:29 AM Reply   
Perfect because at other times I pull less advanced riders and the stock wake would be amazing for them. Does adding the fly high system void factory warranty(this is a demo boat and still has warranty)?
Old     (tanny)      Join Date: Aug 2011       08-29-2011, 10:45 AM Reply   
Another question, does any one have a ruff estimate on how much it is for the kit plus install?
Old     (iliketowakealot)      Join Date: May 2011       08-29-2011, 11:04 AM Reply   
Goto www.fatsac.com. There you can see whats included in the system, give them a call about pricing, etc. Took me a couple of hours for total install, it was easy enough. If you plan on paying someone to install, $80-$100/hour at a dealer.
Old    mojo            08-29-2011, 11:16 AM Reply   
All u need is hose and quick release connects. Uber simple
Old     (bruizza)      Join Date: May 2009       08-29-2011, 11:25 AM Reply   
Here is the kit on wake makers site

http://www.wakemakers.com/fly-high-m...st-system.html
Old     (tanny)      Join Date: Aug 2011       08-29-2011, 12:22 PM Reply   
Any idea on warranty issues?
Old     (bruizza)      Join Date: May 2009       08-29-2011, 2:27 PM Reply   
I can't imagine it affecting your warranty in any way. I am sure a quick email or call to mastercraft will clear up any potential issues.