Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Other Water Sports > Waterskiing

Old                08-23-2005, 6:47 AM Reply   
I am looking to buy a HO Triumph and wasn't sure what size to get. I am 6'2" 200lbs. I don't ski a course but have been skiing for 20+ years. I have heard 67 and 69 from various people. I bought a 205V this summer and am looking to find a ski for longer sets that can perform. I appreciate any feedback.
Old     (tacosupreme)      Join Date: May 2003       08-23-2005, 12:22 PM Reply   
There are other people on this board who are a little more knowledgeable than I am but what I know is it also depends on what speed you usually ski at. I'm right about the same as you, I'm 6'3" and about 215 lbs and ski about 32-34 mph. I ski on a 68" Obrien and it fits me perfect. If you go by the standard fit chart, you should be a 69 but if you can, your best bet would be to demo a few of them. Hope some of that helps.
Old                08-24-2005, 6:36 AM Reply   
Yeah but demo's are $75/day and out the the way. I was leaning toward a 69. I ski about 30-32MPH. Thanks.
Old                09-04-2005, 2:48 PM Reply   
My 2 cents - the 69 is going to be easier to get up on and less tiring to ride, plus it's still a good performance ski even up to 34 mph and in the course if you ever decide to go there. I'm the same size as you basically (6'3" and 200 lbs) and I ski INT Wide Ride on a 69" KD Evolution Carbon, 30 mph and into 38 off. I've run 22 off @ 34 on it also so these skis will do that if you want to. If not just cruise.

Ed @ EZ-Slalom
www.ez-slalom.com
800-216-4461