Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through November 07, 2006

Old     (waterboy3)      Join Date: Feb 2006       09-17-2006, 9:56 PM Reply   
I'm moving to the area and looking for someone to ride with.
-Chase
Old     (supraman)      Join Date: Jan 2002       09-18-2006, 6:01 AM Reply   
Chase,

I'm not far from Tellico and we're always looking for more people to ride with. We ride Ft. Loudon Lake/Turkey Creek, which is just a different section of the same waterway.
Old     (waterboy3)      Join Date: Feb 2006       09-18-2006, 9:25 PM Reply   
Matt,

Actually, I'm planning on moving to Marysville. I have some friends that live in Rarity-Bay on Tellico, so that's the only water I've seen or know of right now. Ft. Loudon Lake looks like a NICE place. I'm just curious, How far is Loudon Lake from Marysville and when does your season begin and end for riding in TN. I might be making another trip down there soon but I'm not sure exactly when. plans to move would be in March. I'll be sure to try and get ahold of you when i make it there. from what I've seen that area in Tennessee is pretty amazing, escpecially compared to ohio. Really looking forward to moving that way.
Old     (loudontn)      Join Date: Feb 2005       09-19-2006, 9:02 AM Reply   
Chase,

I live in Lenoir City (neighbor to Maryville), and Ft. Loudon lake is not far at all from Maryville, it is a 15 to 20 minute drive down Hwy 321 and you'll cross over Tellico/Ft. Loudon bridge then you're there. I ride out of here and up the river all the way up to Knoxville with different people, I've rode with Matt a couple times too. I have an old inboard/outboard boat with a tower, I sack it out and it's not bad but I never use it. I also am on the UT wakeboard team, and I take our team boat out ('06 Mastercraft 197 Prostar) two or three times a week. You're more than welcome to ride with us sometime.
Old    wiz            09-19-2006, 5:52 PM Reply   
chase,

cody & i ride together alot. let us know when u get here & we'll hook up.

matt--- i thought u & jeff fell off the face of the earth. what's going on? are yall still riding? tell jeff to give me a call.
Old     (waterboy3)      Join Date: Feb 2006       09-19-2006, 9:15 PM Reply   
Hey guys, thanks alot for the invite. i'll make sure to get ahold of you when i'm around., looking forward to it.
Old     (co_rog)      Join Date: Aug 2006       09-20-2006, 5:50 AM Reply   
I was just in the area visiting family, got a couple pulls on Watts Bar. Experienced the definition of glass...

You folks have some nice water out there...
Old     (tellicolakerider)      Join Date: Sep 2006       09-20-2006, 8:58 AM Reply   
yea man, the water of tellico is nice, it just depends if you know where to look or what day it is? i ride in bat creek all the time/clear creek-hence the name. but heck man ill prolly see ya'll out there cause there is not one day that im not on the lake.
Old     (jmanolinsky)      Join Date: Dec 2005       09-20-2006, 9:08 AM Reply   
Kasey,

I boat in both of those places on Tellico. If one is too crowded, I just check out the other. There was a black Supra in Clear Creek on Saturday. The guys were doing some pretty good inverts. Do you know them?

Jman
Old     (tellicolakerider)      Join Date: Sep 2006       09-21-2006, 5:06 AM Reply   
yes duude, the black supra is one of my friends, me and him were the ones out there in the boat. its a nice wake. which boat were u in?
Old     (tellicolakerider)      Join Date: Sep 2006       09-21-2006, 5:19 AM Reply   
hey chase, who do you know that lives in rarity bay? cause thats where i live, and im wondering who u know that lives there?
Old     (waterboy3)      Join Date: Feb 2006       09-21-2006, 7:49 AM Reply   
yea kasey, the last name is blankenmeyer, jim and carol. if you look that up on the auditors site it will show you exactly where they live. they live on the water im sure you've seen there place before.if you've heard of Out-of-Eden north of tellico on highway 411, they are really good family friends, and their parents live on tellico.
Old     (tellicolakerider)      Join Date: Sep 2006       09-21-2006, 8:16 AM Reply   
i know of them, i believe my mom sold them their house. not sure tho, but heck man, if your ever in rarity bay give me a shout man, my number is 423-519-WAKE.
Old     (jmanolinsky)      Join Date: Dec 2005       09-21-2006, 9:22 AM Reply   
Kasey,

I was in the Mobius. (See profile pic) We were surfing in the main channel near Clear Creak boat ramp before going back in to the cove to wakeboard and tube. You guys were looking pretty good. Now that I think of it, I spoke to one of you guys as you pulled the boat out of the water. I was wiping my boat down, getting ready to go watch the ball game. I really hated leaving the lake that day because it was so nice out.

Jman
Old     (tellicolakerider)      Join Date: Sep 2006       09-21-2006, 12:57 PM Reply   
yes i remember the mobius, and you talked to my friend because he dropped me off at my dock in bat creek, and went back to clear creek boat ramp cause he launches his boat there
Old     (loudontn)      Join Date: Feb 2005       09-24-2006, 5:25 PM Reply   
Jman, I see that Mobius around alot (or one alot like it), being towed around. Did you all break down the other day on the interstate? I was on the opposite side going towards Knoxville or I would have stopped.
Old     (wakeshopabc)      Join Date: Sep 2006       09-26-2006, 7:32 AM Reply   
Just thought that I would let you guys know that we are having a 2007 boat and equipment demo, next weekend Saturday Oct 7th here in Knoxville. We will have a couple of 2007 Air Nautiques in the water and the 2007 Liquid Force gear to demo. We will be cooking out all day so stop by to ride and get some grub. It will be in Turkey Creek on Ft. Loudon Lake on Sat Oct. 7th from 10 until 4. Hope everyone can make it out. If anyone needs directions let me know.
Old     (tellicolakerider)      Join Date: Sep 2006       09-26-2006, 8:25 AM Reply   
thats sounds really great i just need to know where to find this place? im wondering if it is where the int league event was?
Old     (chill720)      Join Date: Jul 2003       09-26-2006, 8:26 AM Reply   
Hey, did i read something on here about a rail jam in Knoxville coming up? If so could you please post some info on it! Thanks.
Old     (tellicolakerider)      Join Date: Sep 2006       09-26-2006, 8:32 AM Reply   
yea, i need some info on that to
Old     (jmanolinsky)      Join Date: Dec 2005       09-26-2006, 9:40 AM Reply   
Cody,
I'm sad to say that it was me you saw on I-40. I knew something wasn't right and had just said "I'm going to pull over and see what's up." Then, bam, there went the right side trailer tire. I got a new one and got it put on, but by then it was a little late to bother putting in the water. Oh well, it could have been much worse. I tow to my friend's house on Turkey Creek and to Tellico all the time so I'm sure it is me that you've seen.

Jman
Old     (jlhammons)      Join Date: Aug 2006       09-26-2006, 12:35 PM Reply   
Yeah, the rail jam will be going down in World's Fair Park at the Bent Fork Biker Fest. It will be starting Friday around 5 around and will get going again on Saturday around 10:30 am. Should be a lot of fun. Gerry Nunn will be there plus a lot of good local riders.
Old     (tellicolakerider)      Join Date: Sep 2006       09-27-2006, 5:16 AM Reply   
will adam mcall show up?, i know bobby fea won't show up. that does sound really cool tho!
Old     (jlhammons)      Join Date: Aug 2006       09-27-2006, 5:34 AM Reply   
Yeah Adam will be there
Old     (tellicolakerider)      Join Date: Sep 2006       09-27-2006, 8:45 AM Reply   
sweet, that will be cool, i ride with him alot, him and bobby
Old     (tellicolakerider)      Join Date: Sep 2006       09-29-2006, 5:38 AM Reply   
anyone gonna be riding on tellico this weekend?
Old     (jmanolinsky)      Join Date: Dec 2005       09-29-2006, 10:27 AM Reply   
I probably won't make it out this weekend. My son has soccer. We are suppose to go to the mountains, too. I'm hoping for a warm up next week. Did I see your friend's Supra out earlier in the week? Monday I think.

Jman
Old     (tellicolakerider)      Join Date: Sep 2006       10-01-2006, 9:10 AM Reply   
possibly, im pretty sure we were out on monday..
Old     (tellicolakerider)      Join Date: Sep 2006       10-01-2006, 9:11 AM Reply   
Does Anyone Know where the demo is next saturday? like maybe an address...?
The rail jam was pretty sweet 2.
Old     (loudontn)      Join Date: Feb 2005       10-01-2006, 11:24 AM Reply   
Kasey, you were at the rail jam? I was too, took a ton of pics (over 150), I've posted a few on wakeboarder.com.

The demo next week is postponed, no sure if Ryan has sent out the email yet. He's only got a couple of '07 boards/bindings in so far, only a week or two delay from what I understand.
Old     (tellicolakerider)      Join Date: Sep 2006       10-02-2006, 4:55 AM Reply   
yea man i was there on saturday, from like 11:00 till 3:30, i saw a couple of people there that i knew, like adam and todd riding, but heck man, i didn't see you