Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through February 11, 2004

Old    best_friend            12-31-2003, 11:57 AM Reply   

We were invited vie e-mail last Saturday night by Jack Blodgett of Backyard Films world premier of Jack’s latest film "Reflections" just four days before his film premier. With the mad Christmas rush we thought what the heck we would make the 3 1/2-hour drive, if it was anything like Jack’s last years film premier in Portland it should be a good time!

He promised the film premier, tons of giveaways, like industry gear (wakeboards, eyewear, vests, Rockstar, etc.) and a 21 and over after party with special appearances by pro Wakeboarders Ricky Gonzales, Keith Lyman, Collin Wright, and Chad Sharpe. We thought what FUN!!

… .Boy did things change when we got to the film premier location at McFadden's Bar and Restaurant in Portland. We were hit with a $8.00 apiece cover charge even for kids. Jack never mentioned this in his invite… OK. The film starts late, no problem… things happen! At the end of the film Jack gets up and states that there will be a problem with the giveaway drawing he forgot tickets? Darn, we thought even after driving 3 1/2 hours, paying $34.00 we might have a chance walking away with a prize… no-way. Jack made up questions about Wakeboarding for the prize giveaways and took the answers from the crowd. The problem with this is McFadden's is on two levels and spread out with two bar areas so you couldn’t hear Jack or if you did you had to be right up front to SHOOT OUT your answers… so the people right up front won all the give ways. The Pros just hung around the bar area, really didn’t mingle at all not even with the hot chicks?

Jack next time just have people send in their money to buy your video… it cheaper in the long run and if it’s any good you can watch it again for the same price as it cost to get in your premier!!… And by the way if you were woundering about the video… it’s not real good the filming is just average at best the same pro riders as most all videos have with the same tricks and the music was not timed or different?

Jack hire a PR firm or get sum help the next time!
Old    mutiny43            12-31-2003, 1:02 PM Reply   
The only things they gave away was 2 backpacks and a Joyride wakeboard. No "(wakeboards, eyewear, vests, Rockstar, etc.) "

(Message edited by mutiny43 on December 31, 2003)
Old     (solo)      Join Date: Oct 2001       12-31-2003, 4:04 PM Reply   
Dick,

I would agree that Jack needed some help absolutely. This was their 2nd project and I felt the film came out awesome. Sorry to hear you were disappointed in the event. Shoot me an e-mail and if you come down to the Portland stop this summer, I'll make sure you and your family get hooked up.
Old     (sdboardr99)      Join Date: Aug 2001       12-31-2003, 10:22 PM Reply   
So did Dick create an account here just to complain? His only 2 posts are identical, just in different topics. I guess he is really pissed off at Jack.
Old    maverick_gear            01-01-2004, 12:02 PM Reply   
come on DICK! Jack is an Awesome Guy and you should have ran down to the front if you knew the prizes were goin out, plus realize this he flew in from florida he had very little time and means to get everything together, im dissapointed in you dick you should of had the Cajones to go up to the guys yourself and draw them out Ricky is the nicest guy in the world and even keith is super rad just talk about his riding or his new gear to get the convo rollin ang your set, but enough negativity jack is just a normal guy like the rest of us and just as prone to mishap and im sure he didn't mean for your night to go bad, STUFF HAPPENS!
Old     (solo)      Join Date: Oct 2001       01-01-2004, 1:16 PM Reply   
Mav, "Super Rad?" I haven't heard that term since the 80's Lol
Old     (switch)      Join Date: Oct 2003       01-01-2004, 8:23 PM Reply   
Mario, I agree that bad stuff happens to nice guys. But if Jack was not ready he should have not done the release. IMO. I know Jack he is a great guy, he is young and he has a lot of pull. Mybe he will take this as a learning point and grow with it.
Old     (sdboardr99)      Join Date: Aug 2001       01-01-2004, 9:16 PM Reply   
In a response on this thread http://forums.wakeboarder.com/viewtopic.php?t=17878&sid=5099a38dbe29cd4ad1219ad5 80d9b1f2 Jack explained that he wanted to have the premier at home in Portland and didn't have much time.
Old    maverick_gear            01-02-2004, 12:41 AM Reply   
Whirly i would appreciate it if you would use my screen name. Thanks steve im glad your Jiven on my lingo even though its a little far out, you ridin behind my enzo this season or what? seriously though Jack is doin alot for our sport he absolutely does not deserve any guff from anyone and i know the whole NWR posse and floridian crew will back THAT up
Old    goose69            01-02-2004, 10:15 AM Reply   
I know we have alot of love for jack, but I unless I turned my head or blinked....
Jack did I miss something in the credits?????

Jared Schassen
NumbSkull Productions
Old     (solo)      Join Date: Oct 2001       01-02-2004, 2:46 PM Reply   
By the way, Has anyone been to any of the Cassette or Meddock film releases? They are all the same. I do feel bad that Dave was disappointed and after speaking to Jack, I know he will make it up to him and his family if their interested.