Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through July 09, 2003

Old     (chvywkbrdrmc205)      Join Date: Jul 2002       06-29-2003, 7:56 PM Reply   
just wanted to let everyone here know to NOT GO to pleasure cove launch ramp at lake berryessa, very poor service. the people in the store and the front gate were very nice, but after me and some friends pulled out jetskis (parents had the boat so we took my friends ski's) off the ramp and are drying them off, we had a very bad encounter with the pleasure cove nazi. my friend was standing in the road not really noticing and a car came up behind him and just honked wildly and starting to throw some rude gestures. my friend turns around and is like what the hell just ask me to move, so the ladies look as if they are about to say something so he just says "do you wanna get mooned?" and walks away. 2 mins later some psycho on a golf cart flys up to us, nearly wrecks into my truck and goes off about "who threatened the moon?" and hes got some heavy accent so we cant understand him talking so fast, so he just goes and writes down my plates and i was like what the hell, this is ridiculous. so my friend figures it out and says fine sir i said it what do you want me to do. and he says fine dont ever come back so we're like well would you like to hear our side of the story and he just starts to drive off and says not really. then my other friend kinda mutter oh my god and this guy slams the brakes, hops off the cart and runs up to my friend gets 2 inches from his face and says something along the lines of say something again and ill split you. so we again were like geez what is this guys problem. i was pissed at my friends for starting it but i now realize its a joke and perfectly legal to say "do you want to get mooned?" so just a warning dont go to pleasure cove with that guy running around they dont deserve anyone's business. this is a 50 year old short guy trying to fight a 16 year old kid. sorry that was kinda long just ranting, that guy was nuts
Old     (wakejunky)      Join Date: Apr 2002       06-30-2003, 9:01 PM Reply   
I've been there once and would say that if you're absolutely quiet and act like an old fart, I'm sure you'll be just fine.
We saw a bunch of kids/people get kicked out because one of them came ripping down the roadway. Must have been the same guy because he was there like white on rice and was taking down license numbers and such.
Well, he made the whole group pack up tents and all and booted them.
I thought it was a little drastic when he should have just kicked out the idiot racing down the road and given them a warning.
But, who am I to say how he wants to run this place?

Chris
No Slip Gator Grip
www.wakejunky.com