Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through July 28, 2009

Old     (mikeski)      Join Date: Aug 2003       07-05-2009, 2:03 PM Reply   
I just finished my permanently mounted fat sack pump. This is in addition to the three tank system built into my boat. The fat sack pump will be used to fill one or two of the extra 500lb sacks I use when we surf with a small boat crew.

I used a Jabsco Ballast Puppy with a yellow poly impeller. Unfortunately when the pump is not running and the boat is underway it leaks water. I have the ball valve on the pump but it's an impeller pump so it really should not need the valve to keep it from leaking. My simer pumps did not leak. I have read that there is a green impeller that is slightly bigger and is designed to stop the leaking. I am also interested in the blue Globe impellers.

Please let me know what you recommend and if it leaks water into your bag/tank.

Thanks,
Mike
Old     (talltigeguy)      Join Date: Sep 2003       07-05-2009, 5:05 PM Reply   
I have done a ton of research on this.

What are you using for the intake, and does it have a scoop?

Where is the discharge, on the bottom or over the side?

The problem on the MC systems is that the tanks will leak automatically while wakeboarding. The green impeller is just a little stiffer, as well as being bigger, so it solved the auto leak problem. I suspect it would solve your problem too, but not if you have a 23 MPH forcefeed going into the pump.
Old     (stevev210)      Join Date: Feb 2005       07-05-2009, 6:11 PM Reply   
I have the same problem on my 05 x2 with yellow impellers, the intake is a flat mushroom not a scoop and my sacs still fill with a little water. Where can you get the green impellers?
Old     (insuranceman)      Join Date: Jun 2005       07-05-2009, 6:17 PM Reply   
steve, dealer can get thim from you or go to mymastercraft.com and you can order them from there.
Old     (talltigeguy)      Join Date: Sep 2003       07-05-2009, 6:24 PM Reply   
http://www.waterskis.com/SearchResults.asp?Search=green+impeller
Old     (bill_airjunky)      Join Date: Apr 2002       07-05-2009, 6:37 PM Reply   
I have the Globe Run Dry impeller in my Vride. It's just over a year old now. I'll probably pull it this winter to replace and / or inspect it.
Old     (sailing216)      Join Date: Oct 2007       07-05-2009, 6:49 PM Reply   
My black was sticking and blowing fuses, so I got the Green one.
Been going good since.
Got it from the same link talltigeguy posted. I do not have a MC, nor leak/fill but got the greeny anyways.
Old     (mikeski)      Join Date: Aug 2003       07-05-2009, 9:42 PM Reply   
The pump is on my Nautique 211, it is hooked to the belly tank port, not scooped but there is pressure on that port when running. It's not actually hooked to the belly tank, I am using it to fill sacks. I am reversing back through the port to drain. I can see and hear when the sack is empty so there is no worries about run-dry.

At this point after reading everything I could find on the net, it seems that the Green ones should be what I need.
Old     (john211)      Join Date: Aug 2008       07-06-2009, 8:46 AM Reply   
I can't say anything about green.

I've replaced the black (too stiff, would stick and not reverse sometimes),

first with yellow (too soft, the belly one would leak when the tank was supposed to have been emptied and partly auto-fill the belly tank while cruising),

and finally with blue, which is between the two in stiffness. At the end of a typical day, when the boat's on the trailer, my helpers will run the belly pump in empty mode, and it takes about ten seconds to purge what's leaked back in. Also, the end of a typical day for me might be a cruise of 8 to 10 miles at 30 to 35 mph. (In other words, a pretty long cruise, and not much leaks back in).

I'm fine with blue. I don't care if green is a miracle, I'm done with replacing those impellers.

http://www.wakeworld.com/MB/Discus/messages/65919/593303.html
Old     (lionel)      Join Date: Nov 2005       07-06-2009, 9:25 AM Reply   
Green ones are out of stock at the link TallTige posted. Anybody know where you can find green or blue ones? I need one, my front bag seems to slowly fill with the yellow impeller. Thanks in advance.....
Old     (john211)      Join Date: Aug 2008       07-06-2009, 10:03 AM Reply   
Might Google:

Globe Marine Run Dry Blue Impellers
Old     (mnwakerider)      Join Date: Jun 2004       07-06-2009, 6:16 PM Reply   
Bryan,
We are getting more of the green ones in from MC. I just opened up the link posted to pre-orders. We expect to see them sometime mid this week from MC. If you want to get them you can order them now and we will ship them out to you as soon as they are back in stock. Sorry for the confusion. We sold out in a couple days with the last order.

I hope this helps and TallTige is spot on.

John
john@waterskis.com
www.waterskis.com
Old     (the_right_kind)      Join Date: Oct 2005       07-06-2009, 7:38 PM Reply   
I bought the Globe Marine Run Dry Blue Impellers form http://www.boatswainslocker.com/home/ back in '06. Still going strong!

It was also one of the only places I found an oil filter kit for my ZF transmission. (No dealers local)

(Message edited by the_right_kind on July 06, 2009)
Old     (stevev210)      Join Date: Feb 2005       07-06-2009, 7:54 PM Reply   
http://mymastercraft.com/product_details.cfm?ITEM_ID=26661&product=300228&p roduct_type=GENERAL&company=MasterCraft&sub_produc t=Belts

They have them here for $23.80 a piece.
Old     (stevev210)      Join Date: Feb 2005       07-06-2009, 8:50 PM Reply   
I was about to order 3 impellers and shipping to AZ is $20, that puts them just over $30 a piece. How much do you charge for shipping John?
Old     (mnwakerider)      Join Date: Jun 2004       07-07-2009, 7:04 AM Reply   
Steve, I am guessing that you tried getting them from MC of Charlotte. I do not know how they are getting the shipping rates - 185+ for a 3 day service on three impellers seems a bit off... Shipping is going be 11 bucks for three of them, but if you get your order over 99 bucks the shipping is on us. Also, if you do get over 100 you can use coupon code WELCOME and get an extra 10 bucks off. I hope this helps.

John
John@waterskis.com
Old     (lionel)      Join Date: Nov 2005       07-07-2009, 8:07 AM Reply   
Now you tell me John:-) No worries. I only need one for now. I checked out MC or Charlotte and shipping to Portland, OR was WAY too expensive!
Old     (mikeski)      Join Date: Aug 2003       07-07-2009, 3:34 PM Reply   
Shipping from mymastercraft.com to California is $37 for one impeller??? Something if F*****D UP.
Old     (stevev210)      Join Date: Feb 2005       07-07-2009, 4:15 PM Reply   
Tru Dat Mikeski, Ive shipped wakeboards for cheaper than that.
Old     (mikeski)      Join Date: Aug 2003       07-09-2009, 9:27 AM Reply   
Just called NC Mastercraft and ordered 2 of the green impellers. They were $22.10 each plus $14 for standard shipping to California. Just call them if you need them: 702-525-6660
Old     (noti_dad)      Join Date: Jul 2003       07-09-2009, 11:48 AM Reply   
FYI I have the yellows on my 06 211 and haven't had any leaking. Blacks stuck and blew fuses, blues seeped water in and out whn the additional bags were full.
Old     (caf77)      Join Date: Jul 2009       07-09-2009, 10:47 PM Reply   
Nautique has an upgrade for the center ballast on the 211. It changes to the green impeller and they have a cover that goes on the bottom of the boat so water can't be forced into the pickup.
Old     (mikeski)      Join Date: Aug 2003       07-09-2009, 11:44 PM Reply   
Chad,

Can the ring be added without pulling the center tank through hull? Please send me a PM with the price for the parts.

Thanks,
mikeskiw@gmail.com
Old     (john211)      Join Date: Aug 2008       07-10-2009, 8:40 AM Reply   
Chad,

Could you PM me too with same information?

Thank you.

John Bay.