Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through August 06, 2007

Old     (gharvin)      Join Date: Oct 2005       07-31-2007, 5:22 AM Reply   
anyone have opinions on this boat? what could one expect to pay for a boat with this package, my local dealer has one but would not even acknowledge me after inspecting the boat in their showroom for 30 minutes, nor were they available the three times i called them. I am coming out of a 06 supra 21v and my main reason for this boat is it's crossover abilities (mainly slalom) any input would be appreciated!
Old     (wakereviews)      Join Date: Sep 2006       07-31-2007, 6:02 AM Reply   
I have an '05 and love the hull. I've heard it puts out a great slalom wake, but i don't slalom, so I can't personally say this is the case. It does work for all the wake related sports very well. I have an '05 for sale too if you don't want to buy from what sounds like an a-hole dealer :-)
Old     (woreout)      Join Date: Aug 2006       07-31-2007, 6:30 AM Reply   
The 211 has a smaller wake than CC's other wake boats in slalom mode. Its smaller but is very, very hard, not soft like most slalom boats.
Old    dabigkahuna            07-31-2007, 12:19 PM Reply   
I have an '05 211 TE and it's a great boat. The funny thing about the boat is that its wake is best for wakeboarding when you add about 1,000 lbs. of extra weight over the factory ballast weight. Any more added weight and the wake dosn't really change and the boat handles like crap. I have had some skiers ride behind the 211 (no ballast) and they said that is was pretty damn good, not as good as their inboard ski specific boats, but good enogh to pull a Class C tournament.

The wakeboard wake is really rampy with a long transition, more like a malibu wake than like a correct craft wake. If has good pop and is really user friendly. Not sure how the wake is for slalom, as I haven't skied behind it. As far as quality, it's a correct craft, so it's solid for sure.

As far as price, depending on hours, options, condition, etc., I'd say you are in the mid 40s to high 40s.
Old     (rich_g)      Join Date: May 2003       07-31-2007, 2:41 PM Reply   
My friend just got a 07 211 and I slalomed behind it last weekend. Beautiful boat and I love the layout. I also drove a couple of sets and enjoyed everything about it.

We had the plate in ski-mode and it was good; you still have to pay attention to hold an edge and there is a pretty hard bump. IOW, it's not like a world-class slalom boat where you can ignore the wake. The real comparison is with the 210 which has a brutal slalom wake, or in reality, is not intended for anything but wake sports.

I have an MC 205V and I thought the slalom wake was comparable to my boat; 15 off at 32mph. No significant difference between the two. I would definitely ski behind it before justifying an upgrade from a one-year old boat. I've never been behind a Supra 21V however.
Old     (mikeski)      Join Date: Aug 2003       07-31-2007, 3:43 PM Reply   
You will get lots of mixed reviews on the 211 because the hull is very sensitive to weight quantity and placement. In my 2005 211 last weekend we skied, boarded, and surfed all on very good wakes just by moving the weight around in the boat. I used to tournament ski the course into 32off at 36mph routinely. These days I just putter around at 28off at 34mph, the 211 wake is quite comparable to mid 90's ski boats (pre TSC-II Nautique hulls). If you run it with a light crew on 1/2 tank or less of fuel it gets pretty respectable slalom wake. You will want to ski at 32 to 36mph, any slower and the boat starts making a really nasty wake. If you have more than two in the boat put the extra passengers in the bow. If you have any weight bags put those in the bow too. Running 34mph @ 22off the boat has a pretty nasty spot in the wake, I tend to choose 15off or 28off if I am not running slalom sets. The boat is an absolute bear to drive in the course with a strong slalom skier. I got in deep around 5 ball at 28off and fought to stay with it, I ended up pulling the back of the boat right over the end gate killing the bouy.

If skiing is really your thing you should really be looking at the 216, not the 211. The interior of the 211 is very conducive to socializing.
Old     (mikeski)      Join Date: Aug 2003       07-31-2007, 3:50 PM Reply   
Here is a picture at 32mph, for what it's worth.
Upload