Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Wakesurfing

Old     (brody)      Join Date: Jul 2006       10-09-2006, 8:28 PM Reply   
i have a victoria skimboard, its very small, but fits me while skimboarding. Could I use it behind
an 05 wakesetter vlx with stock ballast?
it has no fins though obviosly.
Old     (clubmyke)      Join Date: Aug 2004       10-09-2006, 10:35 PM Reply   
i would suspect very slippery...
Old     (wakemetoday)      Join Date: Mar 2006       10-10-2006, 1:35 PM Reply   
I put a 1.5 inch fin in the back of my skimboard and made the board rideable. Without the fin, the back of the board slips out.
Old    roche            11-02-2006, 10:01 AM Reply   
I ride a victoria skimboard for wakesurfing. My husband modified it a little, he added a fin and some pads for my feet. It works really well for me, I love it!! It is pretty squirrelly but I think that makes it more fun! We have an Obrien Alias that my husband rides, I haven't even tried it, I love my victoria skimboard!
Old     (bigshow)      Join Date: Feb 2005       11-02-2006, 2:40 PM Reply   
I rode a Victoria Skim Board this season. For me at 215 pounds it was all I needed. However for fun I sometimes ride very small boards, but still I think the victoria that I rode works fine for my weight.

DO you have a picture of your board?
Old    surfdad            11-02-2006, 4:03 PM Reply   
Folks, Victoria has 8 different sizes in the plane wrap skimboard and 3 in their wakesurf specific Wake Skim board. The XXL plane wrap will float just about anyone, the XS not so much. Which model is Chris talking about? I don't think you can make general comments about the Vic without specifying the board model and size.

It's certainly possible to ride a VIC without a fin, as was pointed out, you have to ride it using the rail is all.
Old     (brody)      Join Date: Jul 2006       11-03-2006, 3:48 PM Reply   
Its about 3ft 6in, not sure what model, but its made for skimboarding.

I am not that big though, I am about 5ft tall.
Old     (brody)      Join Date: Jul 2006       11-03-2006, 3:53 PM Reply   
Upload
here's a picture of me and the board, about one and a half years ago.
Old    surfdad            11-03-2006, 5:38 PM Reply   
GROMMET!!!!!!!!! :-) You'll be fine on that Chris. It'll be a bit loose, but after a few sessions you'll learn to rely on the rails rather than a fin.

Make sure to get pic's for us when you are behind the boat rippin' :-)
Old     (brody)      Join Date: Jul 2006       05-30-2007, 6:14 PM Reply   
ok, i tried it and it was very loose, what fins would you recommend? Sorry, no pics too.
Old     (rio_sanger)      Join Date: Apr 2007       05-30-2007, 6:42 PM Reply   
Chris, both my boys ride exile skimboards behind our boat, they actually prefer no fins ,but they did put a small wakeboard fin on one board that worked fine, but thought it had too much bite.(they like to do shuv-its and spins) just experiment! and keep havin' fun
Old    surfdad            05-30-2007, 8:27 PM Reply   
Try the Rainbow Fin Company Rail 1.4". The folks at Calibrated use this on their boards and it's seems to offer just the right depth without impacting your ability to shuv.

http://www.bartswatersports.com/catalog.asp?P=36075
Old     (brody)      Join Date: Jul 2006       05-30-2007, 9:30 PM Reply   
$25 for fins, is that a good price?
Old     (dubguy72)      Join Date: Jul 2006       06-04-2007, 6:13 PM Reply   
i have a vic board with a 1.4 rainbow its great.

also they make a board with a fin i thinks its a wombat??