Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Trick Tips

Old     (big_xstar)      Join Date: Nov 2004       09-29-2006, 4:01 PM Reply   
Ok. So I can do these on the tramp and feel
pretty comfortable trying them, but I hear they are the hardest 180's to do.
I am gonna try them this weekend.
Anybody have any tips when doing them W2W?

BTW. I have a solid TS FS 180 and can do TS FS 360's.
Old    alanp            09-30-2006, 8:18 AM Reply   
kevin keep the nose of the board up while pulling the handle. that for me is the most important thing. take a couple of wake jumps and really pull the handle to your back so you can get the timing of the pulling the handle early(while the nose is still pointed up). i learned them one wake from outside to inside first at a slower speed but it isnt required. all you have to do is get the handle to your rear hand and youll spin the trick.
Old     (denverd1)      Join Date: May 2004 Location: Tyler       10-11-2006, 6:38 AM Reply   
started working on these this week. definitely have to focus on getting the handle close or you have no chance, i've realized. and i'm not pulling the handle near hard enough. i kept spinning halfway thru. it would be nice to work these on the tramp. seems like HS would be harder though
Old     (bradb)      Join Date: Oct 2003       10-11-2006, 10:56 AM Reply   
Same landing as a SW HS FS 3. Easy landing, but getting the spin going is a bit harder for the 180. Work on those will help you.
For the 180, keep the handle in close, and you almost need to spin off the wake a bit to get the spin going.
Good luck.
B
Old     (bradb)      Join Date: Oct 2003       10-11-2006, 11:01 AM Reply   
There is one about half way through my latest vid:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pzup3DdoULQ
Notice how early my head and shoulders start rotating. don't know if this is the right way to do it, but it is how I've had success...
B
Old     (denverd1)      Join Date: May 2004 Location: Tyler       10-11-2006, 1:09 PM Reply   
brad- solid riding. yea your head spins before you leave the wake.
Old     (gene3x)      Join Date: Apr 2005 Location: Dallas , TX       11-02-2006, 8:15 AM Reply   
As stated.... the handle pass is the key! It helps me to pass it as low as possible under my butt to get maximum pull on the rope.