Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through July 08, 2003

Old     (texastbird)      Join Date: May 2003       07-03-2003, 8:19 AM Reply   
I just ordered a Monster tower for my 91 Malibu Sunsetter. Props to Monster - I ordered on Monday afternoon, and UPS says the box will be here today - I thought that was pretty dang good for UPS ground Atlanta to Dallas! Thanks for the fast ship!!

Anybody done an install on a similar yr Sunsetter? Did you have to reinforce the fiberglass (it looks pretty thick/strong). Where did you mount the legs? How much spread front to rear? Is it necessary to mount the front and rear legs the same distance apart, in width? I think I'd like to mount the front legs closer together (more narrow) than the rear legs - like on the flat little deck area in front of the windsheild. From the pics I've seen, it looks like most have mounted the front legs on the downward sloping portion of the boat, approximately the same width as the rear legs. Maybe visibility is the concern?

I got the black powder coated tower to match the black windshield frame. Plan to mount the rear legs just behind the clip attachment point for the low top, on top of the gunwhale. Maybe even a bit farther back, depending on how it folds back - I want it to fold up nicely. This would make the front to rear spread somewhere between 48 and 55".

Any ideas or insights appreciated! Tower goes on tomorrow morning (asuming no fiberglass buildup needed) and I plan to ride behind it tomorrow evening, or Saturday morning at the latest.
Old     (levi)      Join Date: Feb 2001       07-03-2003, 8:43 AM Reply   
I just finished my install last night! Mine was around 56 inches apart (front to back) i think..i did mine over a couple evenings so I do not remember. You do not have to mount it the same width apart (left to right). Just study all the pics on the website..no, not the chic! :-), the user boats. One thing to consider on how far back you mount the rear legs is visibility. It would suck to mount them and then sit down in the driver seat and have the pole right beside your head. I think most everyone mounts farther back than that anyway. Make sure you have a helper...I did it all by myself and that probably almost doubled the time. Also if you have any questions call up monster tower. They are super helpful and friendly. Read the instructions at least once before you start. Make sure you really look under where you're drilling to make sure you'll have room for the backing places...I was lucky that I had enough and thought I was screwed for a minute when I drilled on the front. Good luck and enjoy your tower! Mine looked awesome last night when I got it up....testing it out tomorrow.......
Old     (texastbird)      Join Date: May 2003       07-03-2003, 9:42 AM Reply   
Wooohoooo! Tower just arrived! Once again thanks to Monster for the quick ship and UPS for getting it here so fast! TOTALLY AWESOME!!! I bet it's on the boat before dark tonight, and in use early tomorrow morning!
Old     (gunz)      Join Date: Sep 2001       07-03-2003, 11:05 PM Reply   
Texas,post a pic when you get it installed please.My hull is similar,and I'm curious what it would look like on my boat.
Thanks,and enjoy it.
Old     (texastbird)      Join Date: May 2003       07-04-2003, 4:13 AM Reply   
Will do. The install was completed last night - I'll take some pics today at the lake :-D It came out looking great - the old sun setter hull is pretty big, and it really looks like a wakeboard boat!

All of my boarding has been done using the OEM ski pylon - I can' wait to see new heights and hang time with the higher attachment point.