Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through July 09, 2003

Old    stormrider            06-20-2003, 5:04 PM Reply   
Got a real good close up view of the end of the main ramp loading the boat yesterday. Water level seems to be dropping fast. Will we be able to use the main ramp at all 2-4 weeks from now? If not, what's plan B?
Old     (sdboardr99)      Join Date: Aug 2001       06-20-2003, 8:23 PM Reply   
We'll switch to the small side ramp. But I assume the city will start purchasing water soon - unless the water level is a result of the conflict between the state, federal government, and Metropolitan Water District over Colorado River water. I asked the Rangers about it last weekend but they didn't know anything.
Old    starstudded99            06-20-2003, 9:37 PM Reply   
Lets hope that they start putting water in otherwise it is going to eventually shut down to one ramp only like it did last year. The lines backed up in the morning it was horrible.
Old     (scottie_k)      Join Date: Jun 2003       06-24-2003, 4:14 PM Reply   
Hey Steve, Has the lake staff ever talked about extending the ramp while it's low?
Old    stormrider            06-24-2003, 4:27 PM Reply   
Hey, Scott: That would be nice, but I don't think they've done that in the past. Looks like, from what I've read, that in a couple of weeks you'd better get there real early if you want to start riding before 8:00. Guess it's good if you do get there first because you'll get big chunks of the lake to yourself for a while, it seems.
Old     (scottie_k)      Join Date: Jun 2003       06-24-2003, 4:51 PM Reply   
Yea, I have to get there early, @ work by 9am. I can't believe how long you rode the other day when I wanted to give your vest back, but tried to stay way behind so wouldn't mess up your water. So, they won't extend the ramp any more? I'll ask Sharon who I should talk to to see how we can help with this issue. Are you going out thurs.?
Old    stormrider            06-24-2003, 4:55 PM Reply   
Whatever you can do on the ramp issue would be great. I hope there is something to be done. I'll be out on Thursday, bright and early. There's this comp. on Sunday so I'll probably ride hard Thursday, then take it easy Saturday and maybe not ride at all on Friday. We'll see.
Old     (sdrider)      Join Date: Sep 2002       06-24-2003, 5:44 PM Reply   
Steve and Scott, they have extended the ramp in the past and there was a plan a few years back to extend it even more but when a water purchase put the lake level back up they sent the pre-fab ramp pieces off to another lake--possible El Capitan(which has a looooooooong ramp). Budget woes have prevented them from securing any more ramp extensions so we've been told. Soon they will close off the concrete ramp and we will just have the 2 lane asphalt ramp(the old road). This works okay most mornings for launches but tends to get backed up when there are people launching and retrieving later in the day. If the water level drops enough the asphalt ramp will go down to 1 lane. That's when you don't want to be anywhere near the lake on weekends and even Thur/Fri can be a nightmare. Contrary to rumour, they will not close the lake in this instance as they will need all the revenue they can get.

Scott, still following the Padres even though they're struggling big time?
Old     (scottie_k)      Join Date: Jun 2003       06-26-2003, 2:23 PM Reply   
I talked to somebody at the lake (City Personnel) and they said that yes, probably the water level will drop and go to the small ramp for everyone. Yikes! Salt water is looking better all the time, just don't want to deal with the clean-up. Haven't followed the Padres much this season, probably not a bad thing because of their record. Maybe next year will be great!

See you at the lake!