Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through August 06, 2007

Old     (calaman)      Join Date: Apr 2007       07-11-2007, 8:16 PM Reply   
Hi All,

A quick note letting everyone know that Jim (Neptune’s) and Duane (NVS) are great guys to work with if you are considering new boat tunes.
I bought a 2007 Supra 21v a few weeks ago, and wanted to have the tunes dialed in before the first trip (I knew if I didn't the season would be filled with stock sounds all season). On the NVS side, everything worked out except my damn tower was about 1.5 inches too narrow on top for the 1010's to be mounted. Friken Supra with the 100 inch bean and skinny top end tower.

I ended up with zapco apms (4), (2) NVS 12's, the six momo's and a custom HSE trident up top. I wanted the 1010's bad, really bad, but the trident is a decent second, until the 1010's can be shortened to fit ;-)

Jim @ Neptune audio was a joy to deal with. He totally set me up and took care of me the entire time, even mounted a loaner tower enclosure to get me on the water with sounds for the maiden launch. I'm sure others can tell you Jim is tops in the industry, believe them - don't visit imposter's!

As for NVS - Duane was great to deal with. Both Jim and Duane kept me in the loop on the install and ordering process and they also did much of the coordination without me being involved. Duane knows his stuff and even though the 1010's didn't work out, he still took very good care of me. The amps and Subs were purchased from Duane - and when needed he even hand delivered the product.
In today's world - it's hard to find guys you can trust like these two.....hats off Jim/Duane and the fellows at NVS and Neptunes.
Delta heads - I'll see you on the water, but you'll hear me first ;-)
Pictures to follow
Old    alanp            07-11-2007, 8:53 PM Reply   
congrats. the hse setup is pimp btw i dont think you'll be disappointed
Old     (calaman)      Join Date: Apr 2007       07-12-2007, 7:10 AM Reply   
Thanks alan. Have you felt ;-) the HSE in action? What are your thoughts compared to the 1010's or wet sounds? thanks!
Old     (deltariderscom)      Join Date: May 2007       07-12-2007, 7:41 AM Reply   
Bill,

I saw your boat while it was getting the system installed, in fact I think you were pulling in to pick it up while I was pulling out with my Black 22. You will be very happy with your system and the tower Speakers ROCK. Plus you bought your boat from the one of the best dealerships on the west coast.
Old     (calaman)      Join Date: Apr 2007       07-12-2007, 8:01 AM Reply   
DRA - yes, I think your 22ssv and my 21v were on the same truck from the factory, close CF #s. Looking forward to seeing you on the water - look for the 21v next week ;-)
Our boats are related, in fact, Jodi snaked your Ipod cable and handed it too me but I was told Jodi took care of you ;-)

PS - Your boat looked sweet on the trailer, hope to see it wet.
Old     (guido)      Join Date: Jul 2002       07-12-2007, 10:11 AM Reply   
Yup, can't say enough good things about the boys at Neptunes and NVS.

We called 4 days before we left for our houseboat trip with a new "tuneless" boat. They took it in that night, Duane dropped off speakers the next day and we picked it up with a day to spare.

This is the fourth install they've done in our boats and each has been outstanding.
Old     (tlb)      Join Date: Feb 2003       07-12-2007, 11:28 AM Reply   
I bought NVS 1010's for my old SAN from Duane.
He was a great guy to deal with and really knew what he was talking about.
I would recommend them to anyone.
Man I really miss my old boat.
Old     (calaman)      Join Date: Apr 2007       07-12-2007, 8:04 PM Reply   
Dra - I think that is you black 22ssv behind my 21v on my profile. Both are pre-tunes of course.