Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Wakesurfing

Old    waterguy            08-15-2004, 1:32 AM Reply   
I have a hyperlite landlock surf board. I've been surfing a while and am ready to start doing some tricks. What tricks can you do with the landlock surfboard? Is it even possible to do tricks on the landlock? Im hoping the answer is yes cuz im really short and money and wont be able to buy a trick board anytime soon. If you can do tricks on the landlock, what are they?

Thanks for any help,
Kelly

(Message edited by Waterguy on August 15, 2004)

(Message edited by Waterguy on August 15, 2004)
Old    foolish_one            08-16-2004, 5:07 PM Reply   
im not really sure but i expect you can get air on the landlock. a 360 might be possible too, i'll try it next time and get back to you.
-cory
Old    jaq            09-28-2004, 3:07 PM Reply   
Any surf style board is hard to whip around. Also because of the stock fins on the landlock it makes it hard to spin. I actually put wakeskate fins on mine to make it looser. I haven't landed a 360 yet but I think it can be done. A skim style board makes it a lot easier. If you can ever save up some cash check out awakesurf.com.
Old    3dsfan            08-13-2005, 1:30 PM Reply   
dependes if u have the 04 or the 05 cuz the old 1 is 5'6" and the new 1 is 6'1" so u can air out on the 04 but the 05 would be tough if u have the 05 try stuff like hang tens and walking the board
Old    3dsfan            08-13-2005, 1:31 PM Reply   
wow just noticed the date on ur post so u obviously have the 04
Old     (wakesurfer54)      Join Date: Jun 2005       08-13-2005, 5:06 PM Reply   
hey well u can do 3s and flotters and get air on a surf style boards i used to have a neptune and thats wut i learnd 3s on and now i got a phase5 witch i love but i had a harder time learning to do 3s on that board then the surf style because its harder to stop the spin but bigger fins make it easyer to do ariels on and easyer to stop ur spin but harder to break free u can put other fins on there the landlock is hard to break free then other surf style boards cuz of the edges on it well good luck let me no if u learn anything new
Old     (taylormade)      Join Date: Jun 2001       08-15-2005, 8:00 PM Reply   
I can do 360s on the 5'6" landlock with smaller (.7") fins no problem.
Old     (lovinpowell)      Join Date: Jul 2005       08-16-2005, 2:40 PM Reply   
What are 3s?
Old     (tyboarder03)      Join Date: Nov 2003       08-16-2005, 5:35 PM Reply   
Kelly its very possible to do tricks on the landlock air is easy to get, and i can pull 360's on mine and its the 6'1" Landlock, so just keep trying, and youll be able to start pullin moves.
~Tyler~
Old     (just_board)      Join Date: Jul 2005       08-16-2005, 8:54 PM Reply   
3's are when you get three feet of air, 5's are when you get five feet of air, and so on..

Old     (lambertn)      Join Date: Aug 2005       08-17-2005, 6:10 PM Reply   
hey,
tricks on landlocks include hang 5 (5 toes over the front) the fire hydrant (front hand down and lift front leg,.. as if you were a do peeing on a fire hydrant (yes this is very attractive). I also like to play games with people on the boat like throwing a ball back and forth. a friend and i managed to both get on a landlock and cruise we were unable to hodl the surf (i think we were a little heavy, but still good fun)
how would i manage to get air on a landlock? i have no idea what the approach is, but am growing bored with my current trick list
Old     (tings00)      Join Date: Aug 2005       08-22-2005, 2:44 PM Reply   
I have a Hyperlite broadcast and want to start doing some tricks. I assume you should start with a 180 then go to a 360. I was wondering if 180's are possible on the board since there is no nose fin. Do people even do 180's on surf boards or is it just straight to the 3? Let me know and any tips you have on doing these tricks. thanks
Old     (lovinpowell)      Join Date: Jul 2005       08-22-2005, 2:55 PM Reply   
I have done 180's with my Liquid Force Skim Skate 5.0. It has a fin on both sides. You could still do 180's, but the board will be a little loose, you might want to try another 180 as soon as possible to get back to tracking in the water. Then you could incorporate that into one continuous motion and "vella" you're doing a 360.