Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through May 21, 2003

Old    larsfh            04-13-2003, 4:25 AM Reply   
I feel like beating a dead horse when bringing up any boat stereo related, but anyway - I'll give it a shot since everyone's talking about 10k systems.

The marine speakers I've been looking at are delived by Watski - a boat supply company in Scandinavia. They are coaxial 6", 80W. Frequency 60-22000 Hz.

I have no clue about stereo and hifi, but I do know loud music when I hear it. I'm considering four of these. I have a Sony MD player wich has a 4x60 watt amp. Will this do, or should I consider another amp. Will I need a marine amp, and if I'm not buying an amp, will the head unit be able to play at max volume for a long time without taking damage? Will the sound be really bad when playing at max volume?

I appreciate all replies, as long as they're not insulting me or my family.

PS. I'm on a tight budget here. These speakers are $70 each. I'm not planning to spend more than $350 on the whole system.
Old    k2_mn            04-13-2003, 9:01 AM Reply   
Let me first say that marine speakers are a rip off most are just like regular speakers, they are just painted white.
I think the deck would be just fine to power those speakers. You can get an amp off the internet for less than $70 that will be more than enough to power those speakers.
Wait a minute your in Norway.....I dont even know what the exchange rate is...
Old    larsfh            04-13-2003, 12:46 PM Reply   
Craig,
Thanks for the response. I used regular speakers back in the boat last summer, and it took a couple of weeks for them to break. Every time people went into the boat, they brought a ton of water with them - and it all dripped down onto the speakers. I don't think I dear putting any money into non-marine grade speakers.

Yeah, I think I've found some amps for about that price. Exchange rate: 1 USD = 7,2 NOK