Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles

Old     (tampawake)      Join Date: Mar 2008       05-25-2012, 9:15 AM Reply   
Of course just like any other Pros riding behind a boat there is extra ballast. Both sides of the wake look nice.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...&v=cT-c-UaZNgA
Old     (timmyb)      Join Date: Apr 2007       05-25-2012, 9:18 AM Reply   
Looks pretty clean and it also looks like they had it slammed down pretty good. LOTS of room for extra ballast in that boat too.
Old     (chattwake)      Join Date: Jan 2010       05-25-2012, 9:56 AM Reply   
I'm not going to lie, that wake looked nice!!!
Old     (simplej)      Join Date: Sep 2011       05-25-2012, 10:15 AM Reply   
It does look sweet! I'm guessing it's got like 1500lbs over the stock 2300lb pro system. And it's got so much freeboard to go...

It may not be the new star or g23 but that boat will def get the job done...

On a side note, the wake on the rzr is HUGE for a 20 foot boat! So whatever theyve got going on they're doing it right.
Old     (tampawake)      Join Date: Mar 2008       05-25-2012, 11:18 AM Reply   
Never ridden in or been behind one but sat in one and crawled through it and that boat is HUGE for only 23 ft so much space and comfort. The local dealer here is selling them like crazy.
Old     (polarbill)      Join Date: Jun 2003       05-25-2012, 11:59 AM Reply   
Damn, Tige bringing their A game these days. If they started moving the cup holders from the ground to the combing pads and found better spots for the interior speakers(those are 2 pretty minor complaints) they might be at the top of my list with MB. Sick boat.

nice to see a promo video of a boat that has a clean approach side wake every time. J/K, kind of.
Old     (timmyb)      Join Date: Apr 2007       05-25-2012, 12:15 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by polarbill View Post
Damn, Tige bringing their A game these days. If they started moving the cup holders from the ground to the combing pads and found better spots for the interior speakers(those are 2 pretty minor complaints) they might be at the top of my list with MB. Sick boat.

nice to see a promo video of a boat that has a clean approach side wake every time. J/K, kind of.
i think we had that cupholder discussion already. LOL!
Old     (ralph)      Join Date: Apr 2002       05-25-2012, 12:17 PM Reply   
Wake looks real nice!
Old     (stuntmonkey)      Join Date: Feb 2009       05-25-2012, 3:15 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by simplej View Post
On a side note, the wake on the rzr is HUGE for a 20 foot boat! So whatever theyve got going on they're doing it right.
Agreed! I demo'd a RZR and RZ2 few weeks ago, wakes are HUGE. Surf wake on the rzr is amazing for a 20ft boat as is the board wake.
Old     (polarbill)      Join Date: Jun 2003       05-25-2012, 3:27 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by timmyb View Post
i think we had that cupholder discussion already. LOL!
We did? I am too young to not remember stuff like that. What was the outcome of the discussion? Was I involved in it at all?
Old     (501s)      Join Date: Feb 2010       05-25-2012, 10:16 PM Reply   
I thought the wake looked pretty sick. Best Tige wake I've ever seen. Notice how they actually show the wake from all angles. All Brands should do this.
Old     (fman)      Join Date: Nov 2008       05-26-2012, 7:34 AM Reply   
I must be getting old, all these wakes from different boats are beginning to look the same to me I am convinced for a large majority of riders any of the top wake boats will produce a wake good enough to satisfy most.

Love the boat, looks great with lots of room.
Old     (timmyb)      Join Date: Apr 2007       05-26-2012, 8:23 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by polarbill View Post
We did? I am too young to not remember stuff like that. What was the outcome of the discussion? Was I involved in it at all?
Remember the "my friend wants to open a Tige dealership" thread and the president of Tige, Rick Correll, explained why they still have some of the cupholders on the floor. They have them in 2 places, not just the floor...
Old     (neildorin)      Join Date: May 2012       05-27-2012, 4:56 PM Reply   
We had our new Z3 out for the first time last weekend. If the water hadn't been 51F and I hadn't gashed my ankle on my board I woul have had more time on the water to test. I had pretty big expectations for the wakeboard wake with the pro ballast and was not disappointed. With just the 2300lbs and 3 ppl in the boat it threw a big, clean wake. As with our last Tige and others I ridden it's as tall as some of the other boats (MC, SANTE, Bu's) but its much firmer with a TON of pop. Also very predictable.

At 23.6 mph and 70ft it was super clean but too narrow. It was clean for a good 10 feet behind me too. Had the water been warmer I would have played around more an tried another 5-10 ft of rope.

The surf wave was huge but that was to be expected. Again the cold water stopped us from doing any extensive testing.