Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old     (lfrider92)      Join Date: Sep 2008       09-08-2010, 12:45 PM Reply   
So im not thinking about doing this til prolly march, but i really want to sell my car and get a 325IS. i really like the body style back from about 94-98 so thats what i want to end up getting, i can find them in my area for about $2500-$4000 depending on condition, and thats about what ill be willing to pay. it being a stick is an must have. wont buy it if its an automatic. Most of them around these years have between 130,000 miles up to around 190,000. but my question. how long will these motors last if they where taken care of? how about the clutch? when does it need replacing? ive got a 96 ford ranger right now, with 140,000 on it, and the motor is still running strong and no issues with the clutch (still the original). my dad is telling me i should start saving up for a new car since he doubts mine will make it to 170,000 miles. i know that 170,000 is fairly high miles. but a friend of mine picked up a 93 325i with 180,000 on it, and her clutch had just been done for the first time a few thousand ago, and it had never had a problem with the motor. she let me drive her car, and thats what made me fall in love with them.

im hoping someone can give me some insight into what to expect if i pick one up, how long it will last, if ill have problems and what with? just basic info about that stuff would be great. im just looking for a general idea. i know alot has to do with how it was treated. Everyone in my family drives fords, and i know the motors in these are very different. so im hoping someone here will know!

thanks in advance