Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through March 18, 2009

Old     (whistler)      Join Date: Jun 2008       06-21-2008, 4:17 AM Reply   
Would like to change the oil myself on 03 Moomba LSV. The guy I bought the boat said there was a drain hose with a brass cap tip I can pull out the rear boat drain, though we couldnt find it when we closed the deal, now its time and I cant find it either. What side I should be looking, port or starboard? I am willing to take the locker wall down though would like to start with correct one. I assume I will need to since I dont see the oil filer either..ugh. The dipstick hole isnt big enough for reasonable syphon option.

I am hearing the oil takes a while to drain out, can I assume if the engine is warm it would happen overnight? Thanks in advance for any tips.
Old     (dailyssv)      Join Date: Oct 2007       06-21-2008, 5:54 AM Reply   
I had an 03 supra the lines are sometimes tie wrap to other lines on bottom side next to oil pan can't remember if they are left or right side.But you can always go to supra web site and download owners book also if the engine is warm it takes about 20-30 min.Its an all day event when cold.
Old     (bulletlines)      Join Date: Apr 2005       06-21-2008, 7:13 AM Reply   
The oil drain hose will be attached somewhere right in front from underneath the engine; It will have some brass fittings attaching it to whatever it is attached to.. If you are looking at the engine from inside the boat; take down the left wall, look or reach your hand underneath the engine, and you will find a hose coming out of the bottom of the oil pan; just follow it to where ever it is attached.

I always run my boat to heat up the oil before draining... I also let the oil drain overnight..

Thanks,

Ken Land
Bullet Lines
www.bulletlines.com
Old     (wakesetter101)      Join Date: Oct 2005       06-21-2008, 8:18 PM Reply   
Good point Ken. If you dont heat that oil you will be there a week waiting. I also jack the front of the boat/trailer as high as i can get it to help flow. I also let it drain overnight.
Old     (bjeremi)      Join Date: Mar 2006       06-22-2008, 7:29 AM Reply   
Yeah I would think you will def need to take the side wall down to get to the hose. I have a 99 supra and the hose on mine has a brass fitting on the end that is too big to go through the drain hole. I have to take the cap off first plug it with a small piece of a rag or something and stick it through quickly and then pull the the little piece out and let it drain.
Old     (nauty)      Join Date: Feb 2004       06-22-2008, 8:11 AM Reply   
IMO you should bypass the hose method all together and use a pump such as the Tempo Oil Boy. Just warm the engine as normal and then pump it all out in under 5 minutes. No mess either.