Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through April 04, 2003

Old     (andrew_moreton)      Join Date: Feb 2003       03-27-2003, 12:04 PM Reply   
Does anyone know anything about the Malibu 25 LSV? One of my friend's dad wants to get one and I'd like to hear if anyone has ridden in or behind one. Also, is this boat good for cruising since it is so large, and how much does it run for. Thanks.
Old     (s4inor)      Join Date: Mar 2002       03-27-2003, 1:10 PM Reply   
st8jkt over on MBO has one. He really likes it, and for the size and hull design is throws a respectable wake. Make no mistake, this boat won't come close to comparing to a 23 LSV or VLX, but if you need a big boat that handles rough water well, it's a decent choice. MSRP is $57,000 and most I've seen sold for right over $60,000.
Old    str8jkt            03-27-2003, 2:27 PM Reply   
Ya I bought one and I bought it with boarding in mind. The wake is BIG but...its rampy not vert and its wide so get a run at it. I've rode the other Malibus and think rampy comes with the territory. My Supra was more vert and I liked that. As for cruising it's great also. We hit the Lake of the Ozarks once in a while and believe me this is the SMALLEST thing you dare venture out in after 12 noon. My Supra was a 23' and it was not a good ride trying to get very far with all the big boys out ruffing it up. The 25 does great, no spilled drinks here. Handling is good as well, doesn't feel like a 25, and even sacked out you arn't going to take water over the bow accidently like a boat with a "normal" rub rail height can, this thing is tall. Hope that helps. Oh ya, Yes, they are spendy.
Old     (ofwc)      Join Date: Sep 2002       03-27-2003, 2:27 PM Reply   
From what I understand, Jason is right on...

Here's one for sale in Orlando.

http://www.southeastcorrectcraft.com/usedboats_detail.cfm?ID=152

Southeast Correct Craft has had it for a while, so I'm sure they'll deal on price.
Old     (andrew_moreton)      Join Date: Feb 2003       03-27-2003, 5:17 PM Reply   
Thanks for the input. The boat is going to be used on Kentucky Lake in western KY and the main channel can get pretty rough on windy days. The guy I am help was looking at a 24' Cobalt Deckboat, but I quickly talked him into an inboard after he said his son will want to wakeboard occasionally. He said he will probabaly do 50% pulling a rider/skier and 50% cruising so I think this would be his best bet. Let me know if you have any advice. Thanks again.
Old     (aneal000)      Join Date: Feb 2002       03-28-2003, 7:54 AM Reply   
Hey guys, last weekend our local Malibu dealer in St. Louis just got one in that a guy had ordered at the boat show back in Feb. They took it out for the test drive and I got to tag along (board included). The following is my take on the boat:

Overall extremely impressed! The guy who bought it is planning on using it on Cumberland Lake in KY. He got rid of a 24' I/O and also seemed very impressed after the test drive.

The overall size is just insane, roomy, roomy, roomy! I have a 21 VLX and thought that thing was spacious, now I look at it and think gees this thing is small! Malibu did an excelent job with things like the automaic hatch... nothing like showing off that 8.1L! Also liked the snap in/out carpet! Nice addition that I wish they would do on all of the boats.

Driving and handeling: Overall was impressive! I kept telling myself that it was a 25' boat! The thing would trun very sharp and the 8.1L got it up and going remarkeably quick. I was amazed when they opened it up I personally saw 52.2 MPH on the Perfect Pass! My VLX with the Hammerhead only runs 48! (14x16 prop and lots of weight...)

Wake: This guy ordered it with a tower, pp, wedge, and lots of other goodies! I don't think Malibu offers a MLS, or at least this one didn't have it. But I got to ride behind it with the Wedge down and again I was impressed. The wake's physical size was very large. Almost comparable to the weighted and wedged VLX. It was not as steep, very rampy, but big! The only down fall to it was it was very wide. Which ok just shorten the rope... but overall it was a lot bigger than I thought it was going to be. Last year I rode behind a 23 LSV weighted with 12 people and the Wedge and the wake was horrible, small and really rampy, I was completely unimpressed with the 23 LSV wake! I was expecting something similar or slightly bigger out of the 25 LSV, but it was actually a lot bigger and overall better.

Conclusion: Nice job Malibu! I would probably be interested if I wouldn't have to buy a diesel to pull it around! Overall no real complaints, it looked really nice, drove and handeled great, and to top it off the wakeboard wake was good!

Enjoy!
Old     (andrew_moreton)      Join Date: Feb 2003       03-30-2003, 5:33 PM Reply   
Thanks for all of your help. My friend bought a 2002 demo from a dealership outside of Cleveland this weekend. It only had five hours on it, and they were trying to make room for 2003s so they sold it to him for $40,000 with a Titan tower, lights, racks, speakers, and Wedge. He is really excited about the boat and I can't wait to ride behind it this summer. Thanks again for all your help. The firsthand accounts really made the difference.